Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Diggerpede's Project: DR-1, Get the bird back in the AIR!!

Hi All!!

I got the little guy a DR-1 Heli for Christmas. Him and I have been learning how to fly this thing here and there. He likes to fly all the time. We typically can only fly them when the wife is out and about or busy in another room. She's afraid we are going to fly right into her. LOL Anyways we were flying this past weekend, we havent flown in a month or so, and I had the controls and flew it right to the top of the cathedral ceiling and then it bouned against the wall on the way down and landed to the floor. It wasnt a beautiful sight at all. Luckily I only busted the Rotor blade connecting to the shaft (forgive me for not knowing all the parts of this bird) ha. About 5 minutes before all this happened we were talking about taking them on vacation to fly in the cabin. Grrrr....I went online and ordered the parts to fix, extras, and a new shell. Its supposed to be delivered today. So I will get to fix this puppy up and have her ready for next week. Woohoo

Here are some pics of the modest carnage.

Close up:

Shell has a couple of cracks. Quick fix with some scotch tape.

A couple of extra shots.

Other than that she is a fun thing to fly around. At least something to do indoors. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I got the parts in the Friday (June 7th) before my Vacation. At the hotel Saturday night I got the bird back together and back in action. I put her away until we got to the Cabin. Well I flew a pack and had fun in the Living Room for a whole 2 packs and right at the end I flew into the wall and behind the T.V. I went to pick her up ant the top counter weights (whatever you call them). Well one of them had busted right off. Now this was the piece I just replaced LOL. Now I have to re-order the same piece and a few more to get me back to the $25 free shipping at Amain. ha

No pics......just a story. I'll show the carnage when I get a chance.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I got the parts in the Friday (June 7th) before my Vacation. At the hotel Saturday night I got the bird back together and back in action. I put her away until we got to the Cabin. Well I flew a pack and had fun in the Living Room for a whole 2 packs and right at the end I flew into the wall and behind the T.V. I went to pick her up ant the top counter weights (whatever you call them). Well one of them had busted right off. Now this was the piece I just replaced LOL. Now I have to re-order the same piece and a few more to get me back to the $25 free shipping at Amain. ha

No pics......just a story. I'll show the carnage when I get a chance.
    Fly bar weights

Quote Originally Posted by D'reng View Post
    Fly bar weights
    That makes perfect sense. I was close. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    ya only problem with the dr-1 imo
    so far i have gone throught 2 before i grounded

found out a trick for rapid replacment of the fly bar ......just push the pin out and swap instead of doing a hole tear down
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo