RC Competitor

Would this esc work with the stock Velinion motor

Hey guys, looking to replace the vxl-3s as it burnt up this week. Will cost 55 to replace through traxxas, but figured I would look for an alternative. would this work? Thanks for the help.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCPVZ&P=FR

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Wouldnt be my first choice. There are lots of other options... more proven than that one. My guess is thats more meant for a 1/10 onroad car VS an offroad rally style car.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    thanks pavmentsurfer. I saw the sidewinder 3 is now waterproof as well. Better option?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by campinfamily View Post
    thanks pavmentsurfer. I saw the sidewinder 3 is now waterproof as well. Better option?
    Yes I would go for the Sv3. It works great with the stock Velinion motor. I'd suggest picking up a Field Programming Card or USB link so you can program it easier. It can be done by the Tx also, just have to go through a bunch of beeps and blinks. LOL

I have the old Sv2 paired with the Velinion on my Wife's pede and its awesome.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I would seriously consider the following. Ranks very high with all RC enthusiasts.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/ezrun-esc-wp-sc8
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the advice.... now the kicker, I still use the Nimh batteries, mainly 3300mah. my son is only 8, so not going to go lipo for a couple years. the Nimh is easy for him to just plug and charge. would the ezrun WP sc8- and matching 3400kv motor work with Nimh batteries?