Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: jtalaue's Pede

Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Questions:

I've recently bought a Castle Creations CC BEC and followed the directions where I unplug the red wire of the ESC and put it back into the receiver. Well after following their diagram I no longer have the option to use the switch to turn off/on the ESC because when I plug the battery and ESC connectors together it turns on by itself.
    I dont have use a BEC but for many years have been cutting the switch out of my Castle systems after talking with Castle tech support. They admitted to me the switch is prone to failure and said the only reason it is there in the first place is to make it easier to calibrate the radio tot he ESC. I just use the battery plug as the on/off switch
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    yeah that's how it goes. It seems like you could add a switch somewhere if you want. I'm in the habit of unplugging the battery when I'm done so it's not that big of a deal. Maybe someone will chime in with a better solution.
    Ok So I found out what the problem was. I forgot to plug the motor wires into the ESC so now all is working as if nothing changed. Now it's time to bash HARD later today.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I dont have use a BEC but for many years have been cutting the switch out of my Castle systems after talking with Castle tech support. They admitted to me the switch is prone to failure and said the only reason it is there in the first place is to make it easier to calibrate the radio tot he ESC. I just use the battery plug as the on/off switch
    So did you have to jump the wires for the ESC to turn on by just plugging the battery connectors together?

So did you have to jump the wires for the ESC to turn on by just plugging the battery connectors together?
    That kind of goes without saying doesn't it? If you dont jump or solder the wires together it is like having the switch turned off.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    That kind of goes without saying doesn't it? If you dont jump or solder the wires together it is like having the switch turned off.
    Thank you for the sarcasm truly I appreciate that. I'm sorry for asking such a question I only asked because I know nothing about basic 101 when it comes to electric wiring or whatever you want to call them.
    Last edited by jtalaue; 08-03-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Thank you for the sarcasm truly I appreciate that. I'm sorry for asking such a question I only asked because I know nothing about basic 101 when it comes to electric wiring or whatever you want to call them.
    No sarcasm was intended, I assumed apparently wrongly that anyone who built a Pede like the one you have documented here would know you had to connect the wires to power the ESC after cutting out the switch.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    No sarcasm was intended, I assumed apparently wrongly that anyone who built a Pede like the one you have documented here would know you had to connect the wires to power the ESC after cutting out the switch.
    I never cut out the switch I was curious to know how to eliminate the switch all together which is why I asked you because I'm still using the switch. Well now I know all I have to do it put the two wires together and I'm good. Thanks
    Last edited by jtalaue; 08-03-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Have you taken the truck out for a bash since you have done your upgrade.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Have you taken the truck out for a bash since you have done your upgrade.........peace
    Yes I've taken the Pede out for a bash once I got the CC BEC installed and it runs with no more servo issues. My hummer body took a beating and destroyed the back of it. As fore the desert militia body it really isn't going to look good on it so I decided to jus to put it aside and when I get a summit/E-Revo thenI'll use that body for it.

I snapped my Front hardened steel drive hub about an hour ago when I took the kids up the small local park all because I did not get on the brakes fast enough and hit the metal bench at a good speedBut I am stoked that your truck is running well and can you rescue the body or is it trash time??....peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    I snapped my Front hardened steel drive hub about an hour ago when I took the kids up the small local park all because I did not get on the brakes fast enough and hit the metal bench at a good speedBut I am stoked that your truck is running well and can you rescue the body or is it trash time??....peace

Spencer
    Spencer! That sucks man! Metal objects seem to be popular these days. It must be the moon's gravitational pull that is effecting the truck!

You are telling me I already checked the front bumper for a giant magnet and the part will not be here till Friday because my local hobby shop is a few hours drive from my house.......peace

Spencer

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So lately I've been driving at night more often and decided to upgrade my Pede and put the LED kit from Traxxas and let me tell you I am happy with it. I also installed an electronic power switch so I can use my TQI that has the toggle switch installed on it already and it's amazing. I just hope these lights can handle my bashing style LOL.

And I've got another LED kit on it's way to make it real like effect which will install as headlights and rear tail lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300869973987...84.m1439.l2649

RC Qualifier
    Update...

I bought two razor ramps on eBay for cheap and let me tell ya it was a blast.

Dude love the mini ramp setup did they set you back much.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Dude love the mini ramp setup did they set you back much.......peace
    I got them both on ebay and won the bid at $22.22 shipped.

RC Qualifier
    I got them both on ebay and won the bid at $22.22 shipped.
    Cool! Might be getting a pair as well.

Thanks!
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Qualifier
    I got a ramp on craigslist for $5. Once I drove 20 mins to go get it, I realized it was way too small. It was only like 8-10 inches wide....

My neighbor and I screwed a piece of plywood to the face to make it wider and more of a kick. It's fun now!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    I got a ramp on craigslist for $5. Once I drove 20 mins to go get it, I realized it was way too small. It was only like 8-10 inches wide....

My neighbor and I screwed a piece of plywood to the face to make it wider and more of a kick. It's fun now!
    Nice innovation there! I'm really happy with this ramp.

RC Qualifier
    Bashing damage...

So today I was rearranging stuff on the Pede and had to remove the axis r/c body brace and come to find out I broke the tube on the rear end of it sigh. So I contacted axis r/c and let me tell you Bob (owner) sent me another tube after explaining the destruction on it. I really just wanted to call to see if they lifetime warranty their products but instead of getting an answer Bob from axis r/c just said no worries I'll send you one once you give me the email address you used to purchase from me which I provided. Below is the picture of the carnage. So after I got an email from Axis r/c with tracking information I was already at Home Depot and saw metal rods for sale which were not hollow in the middle like the one that came from axis r/c. I bought the metal rod and used my dremel to cut to down to the right size. No offense to axis r/c but the metal rod I bought I don't see breaking.

Carnage

New metal rod

Last edited by jtalaue; 09-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Dude I like your version much more than the normal one and it will be even more bulletproof as welljob done..........peace

RC Qualifier
    I like it as well because that rod isn't hollow in the middle and I'm sure this modification won't break or bend easily. I tried to bend it after cutting it down to the right size I couldn't.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I decided to install LEDS on my PEde and it came out great.

Last edited by jtalaue; 09-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Looks so rad dude and that brace will not bend at all ............peace

RC Qualifier
    WOW! Amazing Pede! What a Build.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

^^True dude it gets better after every update..........peace

RC Racer
    JT the LEDs turned out great man!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    JT the LEDs turned out great man!
    Thanks man! So I've done every upgrade I wanted to do on this Pede.

RC Racer
    So it's time to start another one then...?