Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jtalaue's Pede

RC Racer
    I agree with Spennie, the posts look tough. I also like the cable and crimps on the body clips!

RC Qualifier
    I did some hardcore bashing and purposely made jumps where it lands on the body and it survived. Thanks for the comments.

RC Competitor

all different

Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    I recently installed my motor and noticed that the shiaft doesn't spin smooth like the 3500 motor from traxxas. When I try to spin the CC 2200kv motor it's not smooth and easy to spin. The CC 2200kv motor feels like when you spin it stops then spin and then stops using my fingers. So is that normal for the CC 2200kv motor not to spin smooth?
    all motors feel different when turned by hand! the stronger the magnet the harder it is going to be able to turn by hand. it is a huge motor with strong magnets, good to know that it is hard to turn, it should be!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 550puggy View Post
    all motors feel different when turned by hand! the stronger the magnet the harder it is going to be able to turn by hand. it is a huge motor with strong magnets, good to know that it is hard to turn, it should be!
    roger that!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    I agree with Spennie, the posts look tough. I also like the cable and crimps on the body clips!
    I used to have rubber type that holds both the clips but it was worthless because it fell apart after several use or removed the clips form the body when holding onto the clip only it just tore. So went on ebay and found these and holds up REALLY GOOD and definitely worth the money.

RC Qualifier
    Carnage...

So during a bashing session the Pede started making some clanking noise so I took apart the differential in the rear and saw the damage. I don't know what cause the damage cause I was using the I-Bar. It looked like the cause of it the holes where the screws go into flexed which made it unstable causing the spider gears to move around but that's just a guess who knows. So I'm rebuilding the rear and this time I'll be using 30wt oil there because I've always been using thick grease in the past when I owned a 1/16 MERV and never any issues then again it was all stock compared to my setup now.

RC Racer
    Oof, that sucks bro! It looks chewed up like a roast beef sandwich!

RC Qualifier
    Oof, that sucks bro! It looks chewed up like a roast beef sandwich!

LOL that it does I wonder if there is a aluminum differential cup for the Pede 4x4?

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    OH WOW will that really work for my Pede???? Do you have this now on your Pede?

RC Qualifier
    Update...

New dodge Charger Body from HPI

RC Racer
    OH WOW will that really work for my Pede???? Do you have this now on your Pede?
    That body is sick! Did you do the lighting yourself?

I do not have one yet, but the HR site says it is a replacement for part number TRA5381.

Here is what I found on BuyTraxxas and A-Main - It will fit the Stampede 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    that aluminum cup was the older design, they come up with a new one just like the traxxas HD cup, but beware though I've been hearing from other guys that's been using aluminum cups that it leaks a lot due to the output shaft rubbing the cup so, they end up going back to the plastic HD cup.

heres the new design cup
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-R...item3cd3a63fd7
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    Ahh thanks for clarifying! I gotta say that cup looks sick! Too bad you'll never see such a nice part unless you have to tear it down lol...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    that aluminum cup was the older design, they come up with a new one just like the traxxas HD cup, but beware though I've been hearing from other guys that's been using aluminum cups that it leaks a lot due to the output shaft rubbing the cup so, they end up going back to the plastic HD cup.

heres the new design cup
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-R...item3cd3a63fd7
    Thanks for the advise! I've decided to go with the least expensive route and just get the XO-1 parts you linked in my other thread.

RC Racer
    I think the HD cup will suit you just fine man. Let us know how it goes!

Get the stock xo-1 diffs put 30wt oil in it and you will be all good bro.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I was finally able to rebuild my rear differentials due to some carnage. so a few things came in the mail today and they are...

RPM shock Shaft guards
    Pro-Line Racing Desert Militia Body
    Pro-Line Racing Power Stroke Shocks (to replace my big bore shocks) scored on the cost $60 used with extra front springs and these were bought from another user here.
    Body Brace from Axis RR/C
    RPM Shock tower Front & Rear

Dude nice stuff to mod on your pede and that body shell is super sick one of my all time favorite cars of all timethis build keeps getting better..........peace

RC Racer
    Update...

New dodge Charger Body from HPI

that's a nice shell. do you have to modifly it to put in on the stampede ?

RC Qualifier
    No need for any modification to fit on the Pede.

RC Racer
    Nice score on the PL shocks bro!

Give us a heads up on how that body shell does when bashing and how are you going to cut the body brace to the right length will a dremel or have you got something else planned .......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Give us a heads up on how that body shell does when bashing and how are you going to cut the body brace to the right length will a dremel or have you got something else planned .......peace
    As for the desert militia body I've trimmed it down but it's still rubbing so my solution is to get a long body post and go from there. And the body brace was easy I put each of the end pieces on each end without the metal rod then measured my rod by putting one end to the starting point of the end piece and draw a line on the other side of the rod and made the cut and it fit perfectly.

Nice dude how much are those brace's I would love one.......peace

RC Qualifier

Thanks man it work out at 26.00 pound so even if the shipping is quite high a will get it around the same price as you paidSWEET...............peace man

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I recently purchased a desert militia body from Pro-Line Racing and it's a bit bigger then expected. Now the only way to make it look right on the Pede is to raise the body versus how I have it now lowered. So I decided to put back the old body posts and extend them just a little bit using some plastic body post extensions that came with it and pretty much get a long screw and screw it in until it's really secure. I also did cut down the left over end of the screw.

I haven't done the front yet because I misplaced my front body post and I tried to buy them at 4 different LHS and they don't carrier them in stock so I ordered them on eBay.

Now the reason I had to modify the body post back to stock form (customized a little) is because I wouldn't be able to use the Axis R/C body brace.

Before

After

Last edited by jtalaue; 07-26-2013 at 06:53 PM.

RC Racer
    You've got me thinking about this body brace... I'd like to hear your thoughts on it once you get everything setup and had a chance to throw the beast around a little

It will make a super strong chassis even stronger which is awesome now all I need to do is sell a kidney so I can get one lol....peace

RC Racer
    Aye, it seems it would all but eliminate front to back flex on the chassis, plus reinforce the shock towers.

RC Qualifier
    I think the design on this body brace is pretty good I wished they made one for the Pede so I don't have to modify the rod. I am still waiting for the front body post so right now no bashing

RC Racer
    I am in the same boat bro, waiting on parts

RC Qualifier
    I am in the same boat bro, waiting on parts
    I know cause your build thread on pause right now and I'm waiting on your parts to come in so I can see your fabrications and maybe use them on mine if needed.

RC Champion
    I really like the low profile look of the mashers on those rims. I'm going to have to copy that
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I really like the low profile look of the mashers on those rims. I'm going to have to copy that
    Me too when I upgrade my motor to the tenshock X802 v2 2400kv 6 pole because my 12mm hex mod will not hold the super torque that the new motor will push out.......peace

RC Qualifier
    I can tell you both that having the tire like that was not planned they just all turned out that way lol. The good thing about doing these wheels and tires is that I didn't have to trim the wheels/rim and just trimmer the foam.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So my CC BEC from Castle Creations finally come in thank god. Having downtime really sucks. Can't wait to get this MLHS solder the wires to the traxxas connector.

RC Qualifier
    Questions:

I've recently bought a Castle Creations CC BEC and followed the directions where I unplug the red wire of the ESC and put it back into the receiver. Well after following their diagram I no longer have the option to use the switch to turn off/on the ESC because when I plug the battery and ESC connectors together it turns on by itself.

RC Champion
    yeah that's how it goes. It seems like you could add a switch somewhere if you want. I'm in the habit of unplugging the battery when I'm done so it's not that big of a deal. Maybe someone will chime in with a better solution.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410