Thread: Clutch set up?

RC Enthusiast

Clutch set up?

I think I blew up my clutch.. I was wondering what you guys have as far as that whole set up? What shoes do you use? And why? Thanks!

RC poster
    Get one of these. http://www.bukupower.com/ClutchTraxxas.aspx #2100BBK highly adjustable. You would need to get a new clutch bell as well. A used clutch bell will destroy the pads.

RC Racer
    I've used aftermarket clutches and stock ones too. I don't mind the stock ones, they are cheap enough. The high stall one comes with a tougher spring, so it engages with more power. You think you blew your clutch? When you start it, it jumps forward? Won't idle? Crank the engine and the wheels spin? If so then yeah.. If you don't know what different clutches do, or what you want out of it, then either google and research it, and come back and ask which clutch will do what you want, or stick to the stock one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Enthusiast
    Okay thanks guys! Idk what I want outta a clutch, just wanted something stronger

RC Champion
    #1 on the BUKU. Best clutch I have ever owned. Last clutch you will ever need. The kevlar pads with a new vented clutch bell will last forever.