The Fix to the EZ Peak Plus Fan Noise!

Hey guys, as some of you know, after a little while, the cooling fan on the EZ Peak Plus can "buzzing" or "grinding" sound at low speeds. Mine has been making funny sounds for at least 3 months now, but today, even at full fan speed, it wouldn't stop making grinding sounds. I didn't want to send it to Traxxas, I need it for a camping trip this weekend. (can't wait to take my Summit!) So, I took out the 4 screws holding it together, and I put a small drop of motor oil on the fan. Now, at any speed, the fan it really quite. Even at the very beginning, it's super quite! This could be just me, but it sounds like it's spinning even faster than it was when it was new! I just thought I'd post this for any one else that has the noise. I have no idea if this voids some warranty, but I figured it was worth a try.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I had the same issue with my charger...I sent it in to Traxxas last month...They said they are replacing it with a new charger....But after 4 weeks...still no charger...

Traxxas Employee
    If you have not heard from nor received your charger yet. Please call in so we can see what is going on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blurrdvision View Post
    If you have not heard from nor received your charger yet. Please call in so we can see what is going on.
    Just called Traxxas....Guess the new chargers were on back order....The tech said it's on the way to me now...Hopefully with no more "bad" noises...

Hopefully with no more "bad" noises...
    Remember, just a little drop of oil will make the noise go away...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Should not void warranty.. i have a charger by different name same issue.. sent it out for warranty and specifically told them i wanted the fan replaced and not a temp fix like oiling.. Well wen it got shipped back they forgot to remove the note that stated they removed the fan and oiled..

RC Qualifier
    Well my fan would grind so much it would stop completly...I'm no engineer but I wouldn't want something I designed making noise like that and not funtioning properly new out of the box...Very common....I would recall them and address the issue not expect people to open a new item and oil it..