Thread: Burned on Ebay!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

Burned on Ebay!

I'm just so mad about this. I sold my BL FLM Stampede I just recently built. It was a pretty cool truck and I had a blast putting it all together, but I wanted to do a new build. My first thought was to tear it apart and part it out, but I guess I was lazy and just decided to sell the whole thing. Usually I strip out the electronics and sell my trucks as rollers, but I decided to sell it as an rtr. This thing was a beast with an FLM chassis, MIP axles, STRC bulk, pins, blocks, Pro-Trac kit, rpm steering blocks, tranny case, bumper mount w/motor guard. It also had a pretty much new Castle SV2 4600 system and an Axial 2.4 radio and receiver & Axial Ripsaw tires w/Renegade wheels. Here's the build....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5439593

Well, I knew selling it all complete wouldn't get me the most money for it, and I was ok with that. That is not my concern in this case. What I couldn't believe was the feedback I received. This buyer totally thrashed me!! Said they received a pile of garbage and that I was running a scam!!! I just can't believe it. I provided an exact parts list in the description and had tons of pictures in the listing. I even threw in the awesome painted Bulldog body with it that took me a week to paint. They probably got this truck for about a little more than half of what it took me to build it. That's fine. I just can't wrap my head around why someone would trash me like that! I had over 200 transactions with a perfect record. I always pack everything perfect, even using pieces of memory foam to pack everything and I charge just about what it costs to ship. I'm sorry for this long rant, but I am just so steamed about this. There's nothing I can do. It's out there for all to see. Buyers and seller will never know the truth; they just see what this spiteful person said about me and it will probably make it harder for me to sell to people. I know if I read that feedback, I probably wouldn't buy from me. I usually check people out if they don't have a perfect track record and I'm sure others do as well. I contacted the buyer to see what the problem was, but it's been days with no response. I don't want to contact them again because I don't want to seem like I'm harrassing them. I always try to treat people fairly and even throw extras in if I find something after a listing has started. Now I'm stuck with a 97% rating and I did nothing wrong!! It just stinks!!!!!

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

My experience is that people also look at buyers records when there is exceptional feedback. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    My experience is that people also look at buyers records when there is exceptional feedback. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    Agreed, if the rest of your feedback is good then I don't think its anything to be worrying about
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    I got scammed by a buyer a couple years ago, buyer took the parts he wanted from product then reported me for a incomplete item. Ever since ive had a hard time selling. My last failure was selling a evx2 esc, and only getting a 25 dollar bid when other used evx2' s were selling in the 45-50 dollar range. I should have put this in the rant thread, lol. What really blows is 2 days after i sold the esc. I needed one for a build. Now i got to pay top dollar again.
    Last edited by ajcar; 06-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I think , lots of people do not understand the value of time, care, money and reall appreciatiosn on the input of these grade hobbies. They should try and build one from scratch and understand the values once some one sells them off.
    I think I will keep all of mine and pass it on to the next generations and hopefully it continues.
    Good luck to every one who buys and sells......I wil stick to bying and building for me for now
    Live life to the fullest

I wouldn't worry about it, when I 98% positive FB & one or two NEG like this turd put down they get ignored.
    It's easy to tell when the NEG FB people are just plain stupid, and are to shunned.

You know the saying, You can please 90% of the people 100% of the time & 10% of the people you can never please.
    Hope this jerk runs it WOT into a cement wall, it would serve him right!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    This person seems to do a lot buying and selling, so I'm sure it will be parted out for a profit. This person also has more than a few bad hits on their record. I smelled trouble from the get go when they asked immediately when I would ship it. Then when I did ship it, (the next day), they kept asking why they couldn't find the tracking number. I not only put it in ebay when I marked as shipped, but sent them an additional message with the tracking number also. They asked why they couldn't find the tracking number again the next day. I again messaged them with the number and pasted a link from usps with the tracking number. The next day they said they still couldn't find it on tracking. I again messaged them that I clicked on my own pasted link in the sent message to them and told them exactly where the truck was. The next day I get the same message and them wanting to know where it was. By then I was getting exasperated with them and saw that the package was almost there and didn't respond again. They just seemed weird about things the whole time and then that crazy feedback. I just wish they would've responded to my message and let me know what the problem was. Crazy person.....

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers

I buy off of E-Bay now and again, but I can't see selling stuff on there, too much of a hassle and E-Bay itself has become way too greedy.

I am looking at the other side of the argument right now, I bought a roll cage and it too a full week to get shipped, I think that is just a little excessive, but I am reserving judgement until I received (hopefully tomorrow) until I post up a feedback.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Please post their ebay user name so we can avoid them.

Nevermind, just found it. Not sure what they're complaining about, but the truck looks to be in good condition and winning bid seems like a great deal considering all that was included. It's a shame that sellers can't leave neg feedback anymore in a situation like this.

Here's what I would do if I were in your shoes. That person has quite a few items with a $9.99 BIN with free shipping, along with some auctions starting below $10 with no bids at this time. I would buy an item or two, even though I have no use for them and leave them some well deserved negative feedback. Just for spite of course. But that's just me.
    Last edited by harry697; 06-06-2013 at 09:33 PM.

RC Champion
    The name is Caryelynn. Has gotten four negatives and four neutrals in twelve months. Now my rating is worse than hers! One negative and I'm bumped down to 97%. Doesn't make sense. If I have over 200 transactions, wouldn't that give me a 99.5%??

RC Champion
    Ebay math doesnt work like that. Its really confusing but they attempt to explain it on their website.

I dont like the way its setup though. I had one bad feedback because the post office undercharged me and made the buyer pay extra to pick it up. I missed his message about that and he left me bad feedback. Then my rating dropped 5% and paypal froze my funds. Even after that I had to wait a month after recoeving payment to use it. Very annoying because that lasted for a long time.

Lesson is, be very careful with ebay ratings.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    1. Call ebay, you might be able to talk them into removing the feedback.

2. Don't worry about 1 negative, people will see all the other positives. Experienced ebay users will know that crappy people are out there on ebay, and they will overlook 1 negative, at least I do. Also, worst comes to worst it will be removed in 1 year.

There will also be very dumb people on ebay. I sold an item that got destroyed in hurricane sandy, this was the exact (negative) feedback some fool left me:

"gave me back my momey he wood not selle he the train"
    Last edited by joe831; 06-06-2013 at 10:59 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    that's why I use craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by tileman69 View Post
    that's why I use craigslist
    I like Craig's, I look at it as a giant swapmeet. As such, I only do local transactions, nothing through the mail, and all transactions in a very public place. But, there are pitfalls here too. Twice I setup a meeting place and time with someone to buy a buggy and both times he was a no-show.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Ouch that totally bites man!! I have only purchased stuff off eBay and the MP here. I prize my possessions to much to sell them I guess. The money, time, and effort i've put into my builds is way far more then what they can be sold for. I'll pass them along before I'll sell any of them.

If I ever buy anything from you I won't look at that one "BAD APPLE".

BTW that was one M E A N truck you built there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    problem with craigslist is reach... i cant reach the guy in florida easily wanting to buy something

I remember leaving negative feed back to a seller. At the time he was the only one selling a Trinity P2k and for cheap. He said it was in good working condition just needed new brushes...LOL. Armature was burnt, windings were black and epoxy all over the magnets. I left negative and in about 5mins he messages me with something like a forgives where I can remove the feedback in exchange I'll get refund and return the product. I agreed and got my refund but he never message me again or asked about the motor nor did I get to change or remove feedback. I don't even think I seen him sell anything after that.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

Not sure because I haven't sold on e-bay in a long time but I think you can add a remark to the negative feedback. I have seen other people add a remark when they got a negative feedback explaining their side of the transaction.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    I only deal with companies on ebay rather the private sellers, if I want to deal with a private seller I go to craigslist, as long as you keep the ad and messages stating the product works etc. everything is good to go and you don't have to worry about getting ripped off, if you're selling something and it's kind of messed up or it might break down soon or you don't know the exact condition just put selling "as is" and they can't do anything about it legally

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    Not sure because I haven't sold on e-bay in a long time but I think you can add a remark to the negative feedback. I have seen other people add a remark when they got a negative feedback explaining their side of the transaction.
    Yes. You can reply to negative feedbacks on your account.

RC Qualifier
    Don't take what you don't deserve. Harrass that buyer until you get answers. They can't change or leave more feedback, so you have nothing to lose. Next, get in touch with ebay and get that rating removed. Ebay lets you remove undeserved poor feedback; get in touch. I have been in some sticky situations with all sorts of people trying to rob, cheat, or fraud me, but it's important to remember: If you are in the right, then Paypal and ebay will stand up for you. Just ask them.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab2 7.0
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Qualifier
    Tell him he needs to send the truck back and he will get a full refund and if he says no get the eBay people involved reply to the feedback also!!! Had this happen to a family member and he got the minibike and got his feedback to 100%!!