RC Competitor

Help replacing motor mount

Hello,

My stock motor mount on my ultimate has melted, therefore causing the shaft to have too much play making a metallic sound while running. I have an ultimate which has the factory installed telemetry in the mount. I ordered this mount because it is compatible with telemetry... http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6860R-...um+motor+mount

I also ordered this extra bearing and adapter.....http://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6893X-...ref=pd_sim_t_3

My question is how difficult is it to remove the telemetry wires from the stock mount and install on the aluminum mount? I tried just pulling on the plug from the mount but it's not coming out. Also I need some recommendations on what oil to use in the new bearing. I have the stock motor and am using 2s lipos.

Thanks for the help!
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Qualifier
    Its super easy to remove the telemetry.. There is a single hex holding the rpm sensor in the telemetry mount.. You must remove it... The mount you linked to is the regular HCG slash motor mount.. Your Sig says LCG...

Do you run the LCG slash?

RC Competitor
    Yes will this mount not work?
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post
    Its super easy to remove the telemetry.. There is a single hex holding the rpm sensor in the telemetry mount.. You must remove it... The mount you linked to is the regular HCG slash motor mount.. Your Sig says LCG...

Do you run the LCG slash?
    It might be too late to cancel that order for the mount, darn. What other mounts is compatible with telemetry?
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Qualifier

RC Competitor
    Darn those are expensive. Looks like the king headz supports telemetry but costs almost double.
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Qualifier
    Both of those mounts will support telemetry...

RC Competitor
    Both of those mounts will support telemetry...
    Which would you recommend? Also what oil do you use for the bearings? Will wd40 work well?
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Qualifier
    No! Lol wd 40 will I attract dirt and dust. What I do is take the rubber seals off the bearings with a razor blade by very carefully getting underneath one edge with the blade and lifting it up. I then pack them with a little white lithium grease
    but any type of grease will work. I usually go around with the blade and kind of press the grease into the bearing.. Then press the rubber seals back in (NOT WITH THE BLADE!!) Clean up the excess grease with rag... For an everyday type of lube I use a Teflon spray it repels dirt and dust but I only use this after actually packing the bearings with grease..

The Kingheadz is the way to go. It uses a larger main bearing. I have heard from alot of guys on this forum that its very well made, and will hold up very well. Having the larger bearing is a HUGE selling feature.. I believe it comes with a spare bearing too.. But I'm not a 100% on that. Its a bit more pricey i know but worth it in the long run. I am still running stock. But when i upgrade it i will be going with a kingheadz. First im focusing on the drivetrain of my slash. Just ordered the Tekno m6 CVD kit. I run them on my p4de and i love em.
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 10-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.

RC Competitor
    No! Lol wd 40 will I attract dirt and dust. What I do is take the rubber seals off the bearings with a razor blade by very carefully getting underneath one edge with the blade and lifting it up. hi then pack them with a white lithium grease but any type of grease will work. Press the rubber seals back in clean up the excess grease for an everyday type of lube I use a Teflon spray it repels dirt and dust but I only use this after actually packing the bearings with grease..

The Kingheadz is the way to go. It uses a larger main bearing. I have heard from alot of guys on this forum that its very well made, and will hold up very well. Having the larger bearing is a HUGE selling feature.. I believe it comes with a spare bearing too.. But I'm not a 100% on that
    What do you clean the bearings with. I'd imagine you would want to make sure they're clean before packing with grease or using that spray correct? Also which motor mount would you recommend.

Thanks for the help by the way! I am obviously new to this hobby and want to make sure I'm properly caring for my truck.
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Qualifier
    I edited my above post... regarding the motor mount..

I clean the bearing with any type of degreaser. I have used Fantastic, or just plain old HOT soapy water when i was out.. But brake cleaner will also work.. essentially any kind of heavy duty degreaser will work just fine. Everyone has their own preference... Mines usually whatever is cheapest... LOL

RC Competitor
    I edited my above post... regarding the motor mount..

I clean the bearing with any type of degreaser. I have used Fantastic, or just plain old HOT soapy water when i was out.. But brake cleaner will also work.. essentially any kind of heavy duty degreaser will work just fine. Everyone has their own preference... Mines usually whatever is cheapest... LOL
    Cool. Thanks again for the help.
    Slash 4X4 Ultimate LCG,
    Telemetry, ESC Cooler

RC Racer
    The hot racing one is $38 shipped from bizarre hobbies ebay store and support telemetry