RC Qualifier

Anybody had luck with a darker colored orange body?

Well I thought I would try a new color... and it turned out to be a little too dark for my liking. It is a burnt orange and I used black as the backer. That may have been what darkened it up a bit too much. Has anyone here ran a similar color and have you been able to track it decently at speeds over 100mph? My old bodies are both starting to get a little old at this point as you can see. No I won't be running the stock wing on this body either.

E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I use copper

I also use the black backing

If you would have backed it with Silver instead of Black it would have really made that Orange pop
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You could back it with silver or white. The silver will give it a better pop as dad stated though. I really lik ehow it came out with the black backing though, not a bad job at all. Any way you could post a closer pic?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Yea... I needed a lighter backing color. This one is too dark for my liking... in the trash can it goes.

RC Enthusiast
    yo dont b throwin that body away ill take it. but for realz the xo1 is a huge car and then u gotz a helicopter as big as a table 2? that stuff cray son.

RC Qualifier
    Those t,Rex are the business o wonder why u,don't mess with xo1 as much
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Yea no joke... wait till you see the Goblin 700 that I have on the way. It makes the 600 TREX's look small.

I'm thinking about going back to a bright florescent yellow body again. I keep going back and forth about making a custom body that covers the wheels and integrates a pan car style wing. But the bad thing is that one wipe out and all that time goes down the drain. And there's no telling if it will even help out or not at this point due to limited track access. I'm shocked that there continues to be such poor aftermarket support for the XO1.

RC poster
    I like the orange body! I will take it because mine is trashed. If you are looking for a brighter body, i ran a bright orange one. Did really well against the blacktop. Doesn't a goblin 700 cost $3,000? I would love to have one of those!

Let''s keep this on topic please guys (Traxxas), I would hate to have to shut down a thread because it turned into a heli thread.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I Like that orange or copper colour actually. I was going to paint my 2nd clear body either that or all chrome. I used almost that same colour on RS Slash body!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash