Hybrid View

RC poster

Help with TQ radio link PLEASE. Thanks

Hello, I have a new basic TQ model radio with matching traxxas receiver. I am trying to link them and having no luck. Ive looked htrough the manuals and online stuff. Basically in the end the best I can get is that the steering wheel will work but it will also control the throttle. so when I turn right it goes in reverse and visa versa. What am I doing wrong? Help is much appreciated. Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There are two channel 1's on Traxxas receivers. You probably have both the steering and throttle plugged into channel 1.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks a lot. I feel dumb after that one. I thought it was weird that there were 4 channels. im use to my hpi receiver. So one more question. throttle is great now but the steering is reversed. the remote doesn't have all the knobs like others for reversing the controls. how do I get it to normal steering? There is the turn on button and the red set botton on the remote and that's it. Thanks again

That mistake happens quite a bit actually... it is not like the channel slot labels are all that easy to read.

There are directions in some of the manuals... I think the ones where the model ends in "4"... like "71014"
    I will look to see if I can find them real quick.

EDIT:
    Page 13...
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...0-121204_4.pdf

Steering reversing procedure:
    1. Press and hold the SET button on the transmitter for two seconds. The status LED will flash green.
    2. Turn and hold the steering wheel to the full left or full right position (it does not matter which position you choose).
    3. While holding the steering wheel in position, press the SET button to reverse the channel.
    4. The channel is now reversed. Confirm correct servo operation before running your model.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 06-04-2013 at 01:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    Hey thinks for that passing that information. I learned something new today myself.

What would you recommend for the T-maxx 4909 model. I replaced the old transmitter and recevier with the TQ 2.4GHz
    Receiver and transmittered, but it only goes backwards. So, I quest the question is should I follow the setting from the link
    from the 1/16 e revo or the tmaxx 49104 manual.

Thank you.
    Last edited by svaldez106; 06-21-2013 at 07:51 PM.

TMaxx...

Does it have a opti-drive?

RC Competitor
    No, I took that out as well. It only has forward.

Which does it have? Forward or reverse??

In either case, resetting and recalibrating should help narrow down the issue.