RC Qualifier

My Wifes Emaxx Build.

I finally got 90% of what i need collected up so I started the build today.

I have all the grey plastic parts and dyed them Fushia.

Fresh out of the dye bath.

All else I got done is fill the diffs with Ofna diff lock.

RC Champion
    Fushia that should be cool once it is all put together. You died the shock bodies, never thought of that.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Eventually I may get the big bores and have them anodized once I get a lot of aluminum i want to get done. I usually powdercoat dirt bike and sled parts but powdercoating adds thickness.

My upgrades list.

RPM Arms and trutrack
    RPM skid covers.
    Steel CVDS all around
    F250 body, not sure on a paint scheme yet
    Hitec HS7954SH I have around 6 of these and all have done me great.
    Lunsford a arm pins.
    FLM towers
    GPM steering saver
    Dynamite Servo horn

Pretty sure I'll have the MM2 in this truck as well.

RC Champion
    that should look kool.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Nice look there. Even the plastic tools got dyed.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Racer
    That does look good... Thinking about dying my chassis blue to match the 029345704897502837502387402 blue RPM parts I have on it.... LOL

RC Qualifier
    I got the shocks together and filled with 35wt oil. May have to go to 40 but we'll see what its like when i run it.

Starting at the rear. RPM true tracks.

All coming together nicely, I have ofna dif lock in the rear it feels like 1M oil comparing it to the 500k but once built it don't feel much stiffer than the 500k but once power gets on it we should see some better locked diff action.

All assembled with FLM shock towers. Eventually i may use FLM hybrid bulks once i get some parts i want anodized.

I used washers on the ends of the shocks, I didn't want them popping off. I would like for there to be a flexiable joint here as the A arms are going to be flexy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice build, 40w is still low for the shocks, get at least 60w, also the white springs are kind of soft,red ones are stiffer.

RC Qualifier
    I had 45wt in my last emaxx and the rebound was way too slow and the truck would get stuck loaded up, the suspension would stay bottomed. I like the progressive springs, my last emaxx worked great. Although 60wt is too thin for my Revo, sooner or later i'll put 70wt. and when these shocks need an oil change i'll put some 40wt.

I had slash 4x4 progressive rears on my Tmaxx i got the stiffest set. they just need a few collars due the the spring being a little shorter and i really liked the way the truck handled.

RC Qualifier
    Its coming along, I wrecked a CVD in my Erevo so i borrowed one from this build. Once i get the spare parts i'll be able to finish it. so for now i'm taking my time but i'm really liking it as it all comes together.

RC Racer
    Awesome build

RC Qualifier
    I put a little more work in. pretty much just waiting on the CVD and motor now. I also got to get the F250 body painted I think i'm going with white/pink/blue and silver if i need a pin strip.

I also had an idea to use the upper a arm pins in the lowers and make an aluminum tie bar that holds them from spreading. the only time i broke my bulk heads was from a nose heavy landing to the right front wheel and it broke the front of the bulk and bent up my pin. shortly later I got aluminum bulks.

I Think I may go the hobby wing esc and tenshock sensored 6 pole so it will be a smooth all around truck

RC Qualifier
    Last parts on order.

MM2 with 2200 kv. Tekin is on back order for a month at least.

Soon as I get my paint ill spray the body. Just need to tape it off

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Build is looking great so far!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Champion
    that color turned out really nice
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Enthusiast
    Unique

RC Qualifier
    I'm waiting on paint and my MM2 combo should be here after the weekend, no being able to wait for the pink and silver i started the body with the colors i had.

Black on the bottom, with gold flake on first.

I had white so i did the top half in white, I also tinted the windows. The box in the rear will go silver and the stripe left in the middle will be pink.

RC Champion
    Looks like it will be one sweet body.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Almost done, just got to plug in the wires to my RX and a few other small things.

I`m going to add a few stickers to the body, as well. I`ve been busy lately flying out tomorrow to go DH mountain biking on a chair lift hill in BC

I Think i may look for a mono block extension, I will for sure when i build my Emaxx this truck looks big and mean.

One small thing i forgot to do was cut the holes, I had them marked but got to excited and pulled the overlay off and now the markings are gone.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post

One small thing i forgot to do was cut the holes, I had them marked but got to excited and pulled the overlay off and now the markings are gone.
    Ha! I've done that before! I usually just put a dab of grease on the tips of the body posts and carefully set the body where it needs to be. Nice looking truck!! Have fun on the hills! Sounds like a blast!

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Here it is mounted with a few stickers. I got to get some white vinyl and make the grill.

I may have one more surprise fit this truck

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    The last edtion is some aluminum chassis brace bars.

I had the first run today before i give it to her and i really like this truck, The mashers are really good with loads of traction and are a lot more stable than I thought. I also forgot how tight the steering is I can't wait to build my Emaxx or maybe a T-maxx