RC poster

Question Rear drift shaft for my stampede 4x4...help please

New to this forum.
    My son drives his stampede 4x4 vxl crazy, plastic drift shafts last only a week maybe 2.
    I am going to be purchasing the steel kind, but what brand should I buy?
    Traxxas? I heard of mip after googling for info. Not sure what to get, all I know is I'm going to need steel ones.
    Pros cons would be nice to hear. Thanks.

Go for mips or tekno's both are awesome and will take all the bashing your kid can give them.I have had my mips for over two year's and the last ten months being used with my tenshock 4 pole monster on 3s and they are still like new....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Okay thanks, my friend might be buying a stampede and ill just buy the ones (mip brand that are on the stampede)off the rc.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the mip's. Just make sure you follow the instructions to assemble. Seems like a lot of people have had problems after improperly putting them together (as they don't come assembled) I also saw on mip's web site that they have a new 7075 aluminum version which are lighter than the steel counterparts. Enjoy!

RC poster
    +1 on the mips if you get some get the heavy duty one they are expensive but they are worth the money

RC poster
    So aluminum or the steel? Yeah I know it's gonna be a pretty penny but I've boughten so many $11 each time the plastics break. I could have bought good ones.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    both MIP or Tekno are very good and they are hardened steel. only integy makes them in aluminum which everyone here avoiding it, just a heads up.

Rear drift shaft for my stampede 4x4...help please

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    both MIP or Tekno are very good and they are hardened steel. only integy makes them in aluminum which everyone here avoiding it, just a heads up.
    @ aluminum: I guess you missed this:
    http://www.bigsquidrc.com/mip-race-d...s-for-traxxas/

I'd get the TeknoRC product. Much simpler and still bulletproof and will handle larger motors and higher cell counts than you are running right now.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-02-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    @ aluminum: I guess you missed this:
    http://www.bigsquidrc.com/mip-race-d...s-for-traxxas/
    now that you mention it, I did remember someone at other forum talking about MIP released their aluminum version for racing

RC Qualifier
    i like the look of the new MIP's - anyone running them yet?

RC Enthusiast
    Are these any good?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Are these any good?
    Dunno, but if you bend or break a stub axle, can you get a replacement, or do you purchase another complete pair?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    i don't know either - never seen them before - so unless they are big saving on the MIP or Tekno equivalent - don't bother!!

I have never seen those before I would stay away from them dude.....peace

RC poster

Its the second ones you want part no.11109 they are the rear mips enjoy them dude mine are still going strong after 24 months of hard bashing......peace

RC poster
    Thanks, I found some on amazon, about $48 with shipping. $75 was a bit too steep.
    Thanks for the much help!

No worries dude welcome to the forum and the addiction man any time you need help you know where to come.........peace

RC poster
    P.s. I'm a female, gal, mommy, woman, lol. But no hurt feelings. My friend is into rc cars and got my son into them. So I'm learning a lil but and learning that everything is costly lol. His torment (first rc and second hand lol) is gone, prob esc and motor. And his stampede 4x4 is always needing drive shafts, and I got myself a traxxas slash and it's off limits lol. Next is hopefully a new summit or converting my slash into a erevo.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emb856 View Post
    P.s. I'm a female, gal, mommy, woman, lol. But no hurt feelings. My friend is into rc cars and got my son into them. So I'm learning a lil but and learning that everything is costly lol. His torment (first rc and second hand lol) is gone, prob esc and motor. And his stampede 4x4 is always needing drive shafts, and I got myself a traxxas slash and it's off limits lol. Next is hopefully a new summit or converting my slash into a erevo.
    Well Emb856 welcome to the forums. I would suggest you get the MIP X-Duty. Yes I know they're expensive but totally worth it. If you do decide to get them make sure you use loctite for every screw and let it dry for a few hours. Some people grease them but I don't. As you stated they last a week maybe two just imagine the cost of buying those they do add up pretty quickly. Anyways good luck in your decision.

I just found a link in a thread for MIP X-Duty

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/MIP_X_Du...p/mip11109.htm

RC poster
    Thanks for the link, but found some on amazon thru mip, saving me $6 difference from rc superstore.
    Going to be ordering the, in the morning.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Well Emb856 welcome to the forums. I would suggest you get the MIP X-Duty. Yes I know they're expensive but totally worth it. If you do decide to get them make sure you use loctite for every screw and let it dry for a few hours. Some people grease them but I don't. As you stated they last a week maybe two just imagine the cost of buying those they do add up pretty quickly. Anyways good luck in your decision.

I just found a link in a thread for MIP X-Duty

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/MIP_X_Du...p/mip11109.htm

What's the loctite for? I looked it up, superglue of some sort?

Do I need to buy any grease oil for the drive shafts? Hmm I'm lost

What's the loctite for?
    Loctite is use for when metal to metal contact, what it does is to prevent the screw from coming out at hard bashing, only put a tiny bit at the thread area and let it dry overnight or few hours. I use blue Loctite and if I do apply it again I make sure I clean off the old dried Loctite before applying a new one.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Loctite is use for when metal to metal contact, what it does is to prevent the screw from coming out at hard bashing, only put a tiny bit at the thread area and let it dry overnight or few hours. I use blue Loctite and if I do apply it again I make sure I clean off the old dried Loctite before applying a new one.
    Ah, thanks so much!

Mip recommends red thread lock for the mips and let them dry for 24 hours before use. And I use a dry silicon lube spray on the joints and have had no problems in over 2 years now. And you are one very cool mum indeed and just to let you know I call my wife dude sometimes......peace

RC poster
    I have a great smart awesome son, who will receive rc material as long as he keeps up the straight A-honor roll.

My boy is only 18 months old but is showing good skills for his age and loves my pede and other rc stuff I have and my two girls too.......peace

RC Enthusiast
    Cool, I've got a 5 year old who bashes in the backyard with me using his Stampede 2x VXL. Training mode for now!

RC poster
    Awesome, I wish I knew about these when he was younger, well he's 11 now. We go to hobby town and I see a 3-4 year old with his rc truck, awww so cute adorable!! Gotta teach them when youngin'.

RC poster
    Oh and I ordered the mip driveshaft thing this morning, should be here next week. Can't wait! Then soon ill replace the front ones.

The back ones are the most important because they take most of the torque over the fronts and one day looking forward to getting my boy his own monster truck like a 2wd vxl pede just to start him off in the right direction......peace

RC poster
    I just ordered the front ones!! My son had a day to use his new back axles because the front one broke. They were the plastic ones, so now it's the mip front ones. Hopefully nothing else breaks!! ��

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully nothing else breaks!! ��
    Don't ever count on it, but as he gets better at driving the frequency will drop. If available look for rpm replacement parts for some added durability over stock when needed.
    RSR
    KPGC treasurer (& BuRPS addict)

RC poster
    Yeah, I bought so much already. I put my slash on the side so he can have a back up to drive something else.

The driveshafts and the stock bearing adaptor is the weak point of the pede.So if you have not upgraded the bearing adaptor do so and its a cheap fix part number 6893x and replace what breaks with rpm.......peace

RC poster
    I bought the back axle drive shaft mip part. Does that consist of the bearing or is that something totally different? And the bearing part to replace steel?

RC poster
    I looked at amainhobbies and saw the aluminum one. Yes cheap indeed. Where does it go though?

The bearing adaptor replaces the plastic one that goes into the motor mount off the slipper clutch....peace

RC Qualifier
    In the slipper clutch....

yeah, what spenniepoos said above. There isnt a way to delete your post is there?
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 06-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

It goes into the motor mount from the slipper unit .....peace