RC Qualifier

possible fuel leak tmaxx 3.3...

Ok so I got me a t-maxx 4907 3.3 new one about 5 weeks ago...

Ive noticed that on the last 2 times out when doing after run procedure Ive noticed that it is wet on the exhaust header blue rubber coupler area? Is this normal? Maybe the zip ties are not tight enough? You guys have this happen to your 3.3??

Engine itself is dry no fuel leaks anywhere except blue couple header area and on the bottom of the blue coupler on the exhaust and on the frame right below blue rubber coupler... My t-maxx runs awesome by the way tire shreading tune... pulls hard and its a beast in stock form....

Are you sure it's fuel? I have oil all over mine, is that what your talking about? Oh, yes, try tightening the zip ties, that should help.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    So you're saying its normal? It could be oil that's what I'm thinking cuse its not "runny". So you're saying hot exhaust might be steaming thru blue coupler and the oil from nitro fluid could form in the coupler. I'm new to nitro so that's why I was asking.

It's usually normal. How much oil/fuel gets on the coupler? Is it just enough to make it wet, or is it soaking/dripping wet?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    well kind of wet under it in the chassis
    possible lsn is too rich? at idle it looks like its spitting some fuel out the pipe exhaust a little not sure if its normal but it has good punch off line and pinch test was around four seconds. it did get like seven degrees hotter than last time I tuned it... since u guys say its normal I'm not gonna sweat it

Cut the zip ties off and examine the coupler; it could have split and are not expensive or hard to replace.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Cut the zip ties off and examine the coupler; it could have split and are not expensive or hard to replace.
    And don't tighten the zip ties to much or they will cut into the coupler.

RC Qualifier
    problem fixed. Bashed around for a good 90 minutes and no more leak or mess. I cut zip ties from the coupler, cleaned everything and put new zip ties and tightened them down more than what they were before. I used the rotate zip ties method to try to gauge tightness comparing original zip ties to new ones......