RC Qualifier

traxxas connectors

how many amps are the traxxas connectors rated for?the reason i am asking is i am ready to put a 180 amp esc in my spartan boat and i need to decide what connector to put on it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You are good to go... I have pulled 200 amps (I think) through mine without them even warming up.

The reason I say "I think" is because I do not have a watt meter... but the 200amp constant battery that was being used was warm, meaning it was probably being used to its capability; unless it is improperly rated. However, it was in an 1/8th scare RC that is known to pull that kind of amps, so it could be accurate.

Edit:
    Warm = 100-115F
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 06-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    You are good to go... I have pulled 200 amps (I think) through mine without them even warming up.

The reason I say "I think" is because I do not have a watt meter... but the 200amp constant battery that was being used was warm, meaning it was probably being used to its capability; unless it is improperly rated. However, it was in an 1/8th scare RC that is known to pull that kind of amps, so it could be accurate.
    If we use Jimmy's example, then they are good for 400amps since my spc batteries are rated at 410amps continuos and I got the batteries quite warm in my erevo.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    ok thank you both for your help