RC Qualifier

Exclamation Can we have millage reading?

Hi everyone, does anybody heard about millage reading on the tqi link app? i think i would be a nice update, and upgrade!
    thanks to add your comments!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Champion
    That would be really cool thing to have, I am curious to how many miles my car has driven.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    i also whis to know how many miles i do on a battery! this way, i could plan how many batteries i need to make triprun(trailling for one afternoon or so...)!

RC Qualifier
    and by the way, i'm really jealous of you strip of road... i wish i had something like that nearby!

RC Champion
    I live out in the country so there are lots of long roads with very little traffic. Maybe you could make a milage counter for your car using clicks. One of the front wheels would have a clicker on it and every time it goes around you have a gadget to read the clicks and then you measure the circumference of your tire. Then for every click you know how much your car has traveled. Then you calculate how many clicks are in a mile. Or you could buy a gps.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    I live out in the country so there are lots of long roads with very little traffic. Maybe you could make a milage counter for your car using clicks. One of the front wheels would have a clicker on it and every time it goes around you have a gadget to read the clicks and then you measure the circumference of your tire. Then for every click you know how much your car has traveled. Then you calculate how many clicks are in a mile. Or you could buy a gps.
    Not a bad idea, but i,D prefer it in the link app, it would be nice! But i'll think about your suggestion, after all, your almost the father of my twin motor merv with 6x6wd!!!

As far of gps's, i've destroid too many to count!... and cellphones too!

RC Enthusiast
    Cool idea!

RC Qualifier
    I use a gps just for keeping track of mileage. I know it's not the most accurate way of measuring speed, but it's close enough for a mileage guess. I use a radar gun for actual speed measurement. With the gps , I just take the average speed and multiply it by the length of time I run. Like if I had an average speed of 20mph and drove for an hour, I would have driven 20 miles. My Traxxas with the highest mileage would be my Jato with just over 4500 miles and is only on it's second 3.3. And I've only had the Jato for six months. The sad thing is I fly helicopters more than I drive my trucks, I'm probably going to get a brain tumor from always having a transmitter in front of me.