RC poster

How do you adjust this?

I am trying to put on some Axail 2.2 wheels that are 12mm but when I tighten the lugnut it tightens the rim to the body. The wheel is deeper than the stock rims. I think if move the hex nut out a few turns there would be enough room but don't know how/if you can move them. See picture. Any advice?

RC Qualifier
    I think you need a wider hex nut
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Racer
    you move them out by unscrewing the pivot ball. but you will have an extreme toe out due to this unless you have adjustable tie rods.you could get wheel wideners for a merv i think that they would work.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Unscrewing the pillow balls will not move the hex at all... the only thing that will do is mess with your alignment.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. Im just going to take these wheels back and get some different ones that fit without having to make any other mods.

The 1/16 cars have rather thin hexes, so if you have axle length enough to mount the wheels while using a thicker hex, you might be able to use them.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    also the 1/16 have a smaller axle then the 1/10, I know this because I mounted my 1/16 canyons onto a bandit and had to drill the rim to 5mm....just a side note...not sure it would make much differance the other way since the hex will hold it centered
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO