Thread: traxxas gps

RC poster

traxxas gps

I seen that traxxas has gps unit that u can use from your ipad. Where can I buy this at? Im lovin this car and im addicted to it. I think my gf is jealous because i pay it more attention than her. I may even be guilty of kissing it goodnight lol.

RC Champion
    I believe someone stated that Traxxas is no longer offering this. Anyone know for sure?
    Jeremy

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtiziano View Post
    I would be very surprised if you ordered that and it actually showed up, but I could be wrong.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC poster
    I haven't ordered it in fact, i only found this on google

RC Enthusiast
    Ok here is the best answer I can give you. I emails Traxxas support and here is the reply copied and pasted directly from the email.
    "Hello,

They have not yet been manufactured so they are not yet available. They will be available but I do not have an ETA on that.

Best regards,
    Steve Lindholm
    Traxxas Customer Service"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro42 View Post
    Ok here is the best answer I can give you. I emails Traxxas support and here is the reply copied and pasted directly from the email.
    "Hello,

They have not yet been manufactured so they are not yet available. They will be available but I do not have an ETA on that.

Best regards,
    Steve Lindholm
    Traxxas Customer Service"
    Last I heard is that they abandoned the GPS module and the expansion module.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    That was the reply from traxxas support. I copied and pasted it from the email. Not trying to be argumentative. Just want to get to the truth. I would like to buy the GPS unit

RC Champion
    That was the reply from traxxas support. I copied and pasted it from the email. Not trying to be argumentative. Just want to get to the truth. I would like to buy the GPS unit
    I know, I wanted to buy it as well. It's been what, over 2 years since they announced the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    I know, I wanted to buy it as well. It's been what, over 2 years since they announced the product.
    XO-1 was announced Nov. 30, 2011.
    Are you claiming the GPS module was announced prior to that?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-13-2013 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Darn autocorrect...or something
    Alt-241 on the number pad = ±

RC Champion
    Time flies, feels like longer, but its been around 18 months I'd guess.
    According to another thread, the manufacturer making it for traxxas is no longer going to produce it.

RC poster
    Is that website legit? (worldhobby.net) Impossible trying to reach them. I was going to order from them, but not even sure if they are real. Anyone do business with them before?

RC Racer
    ksb, no offense, but i think u meant 2012? 2011?
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

traxxas gps

2011. I am blaming the date typo on autocorrect even though it's not a plausible explanation or excuse. Thank you for pointing out the mistake.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-14-2013 at 06:41 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe I am confused but this is the official Traxxas forum right? Is it too much to assume that someone from Traxxas might read these posts and be concerned enough about us loyal supporters to post some info on what's going on. A little inside info on what's going on and what the problems are would be greatly welcome. Give people the honest truth and they can be very tolerant and even forgiving. Treat us like mindless mushrooms (keep in the dark and feed fertilizer) and we may spend our dollars with a company that will treat us better. I am very happy with my traxxas purchases and will lean towards another Traxxas product when the time comes. (Thinking about a QR-1!) forgive me for the rant I am just a little frustrated by all this.

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe I am confused but this is the official Traxxas forum right? Is it too much to assume that someone from Traxxas might read these posts and be concerned enough about us loyal supporters to post some info on what's going on. A little inside info on what's going on and what the problems are would be greatly welcome. Give people the honest truth and they can be very tolerant and even forgiving. Treat us like mindless mushrooms (keep in the dark and feed fertilizer) and we may spend our dollars with a company that will treat us better. I am very happy with my traxxas purchases and will lean towards another Traxxas product when the time comes. (Thinking about a QR-1!) forgive me for the rant I am just a little frustrated by all this.
    Zorro, Traxxas is notoriously quiet about product plans until the item actually launches. Given the note from the customer service rep, they must have something in the works. I'm a little surprised he said as much as he did.

I think you need to realize you are dealing with a big corporation and that means some things are not as simple or cut and dry as it may appear or be with a smaller company. IMO you comments about how Traxxas treats their customers are way off base. Traxxas has earned a great reputation for how they treat their customers and are well known for over the top support of their products.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I think you need to realize you are dealing with a big corporation and that means some things are not as simple or cut and dry as it may appear or be with a smaller company. IMO you comments about how Traxxas treats their customers are way off base. Traxxas has earned a great reputation for how they treat their customers and are well known for over the top support of their products.
    I agree that Traxxas customer support is very good. But, I also agree that a representative from Traxxas should frequent the forums to get a good feel for what their customer's concerns, likes, dislikes, comlaints, etc. are.

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I agree that Traxxas customer support is very good. But, I also agree that a representative from Traxxas should frequent the forums to get a good feel for what their customer's concerns, likes, dislikes, comlaints, etc. are.
    Absolutely! They are and they do.

With respect to feeling mistreated because Traxxas doesn't give out their product schedule information, I would like to know how anyone other than Traxxas principles believe that they are entitled to such knowledge. We as consumers have no right to it. Additionally I can think of a dozen or maybe dozens of compelling reasons not to give out such information. They range from not giving the competition a heads-up to making sure that they cover their behinds if something goes sideways.

RC Champion
    I disagree and feel that we as loyal Traxxas customers do have a right to some info on products that have apparently already been released (well somewhat). If there are retailers listing a product but it says on backorder or not available, then why not just let people know that it's still in the works or it has been scrapped. One reason you stated to not give info is to not give the competition a heads up. Well, I think they already know about the GPS module. It's not like people are prying into what vehicle Traxxas will release next.

RC Enthusiast
    First, I do apologize for how my comments may have been perceived . I do believe Traxxas customer support is top notch. If you have a problem they will work with you to a fair resolution.

RC Champion
    My thoughts are this...Instead of putting a product that is in the works out there in the catalogs and part lists...why not put a simple "TBA" next to the items. That would stop a whole lot of confusion.
    I was directed to this thread after I gained interest in the GPS module...only to find out that it has never been released.(even though several websites show it in their inventory).
    I ran into this same situation when searching for the light kit that Traxxas lists for the 1/16 Summit.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    I ran into this same situation when searching for the light kit that Traxxas lists for the 1/16 Summit.
    Don't get me started on this one, PeterV promised it for this year and found out he's no longer with Traxxas... How much can it take to create it? Isn't 3 years long enough?
    He who dies with the most toys wins !!!