RC Qualifier

Jato wont reach the right temps?

Alright, i live in Texas its about 85 degrees F and i'm not sure about my elavation and im running 30% sidewinder v2 nitro fuel, the temps are staying around 150-165 and it seems to be tuned right. Like when i go WOT from a complete stop it doesnt bog or anything it takes off. Ive tried leaning it out and richening it nothing helps. And the lsn is flush. It also will not wheelie the battery pack is in the back. Running anacondas all around about 90% tread left

RC Competitor
    I know you did this, but double check those needles. You got to run em a little leaner when it's hotter. Has to do with ouside air temp etc etc. Don't want to go into the explanation, but there is one in the forums.

RC Qualifier
    Well i got the temps up to about 180 F but cant get it to go up anymore.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    Well i got the temps up to about 180 F but cant get it to go up anymore.
    You're running at 180 and you're complaining. That is a good running temperature! How hot do you want it to get?

RC Qualifier
    I usually have it at like 205.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by castandiello View Post
    You're running at 180 and you're complaining. That is a good running temperature! How hot do you want it to get?
    180 is too cool, it wont allow for proper expansion of the sleeve and will cause excessive wear. I do my best to keep them between 240-250 and my engines seem to last longer than most.

RC Competitor
    wow....at 250 I'm running WAY to lean....it just sounds lean. @ Nitro, my jato does the same thing. I'll tune it perfect where everything sounds good, good take-off, good smoke trail ( not too much), then I check the temp and its at 160-165. ??? same outside temp, around 85F. I don't get it either.

I have noticed it does better with the body on though, are you checking your temp in the correct place with the body on?
    Last edited by diRt_JATO; 06-19-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diRt_JATO View Post
    wow....at 250 I'm running WAY to lean....it just sounds lean. @ Nitro, my jato does the same thing. I'll tune it perfect where everything sounds good, good take-off, good smoke trail ( not too much), then I check the temp and its at 160-165. ??? same outside temp, around 85F. I don't get it either.

I have noticed it does better with the body on though, are you checking your temp in the correct place with the body on?
    You drive with a body on so tune with the body on...

Try reading these tips, it may help get your tune..

Under 200 is definitely a bad thing.... Also may want to verify the temp gauge.....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ul-Tuning-tips.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    thanks for the read Nitronaught. Makes good sense.