RC Competitor

High torque servos

Whats a decent high torque servo that won't break the bank? How high of torque should I be looking for to turn my 40 series mashers? And should I stick with dual servos or use single?

stockers are 125 inoz each so 250 total. A named brand single servo in the 300 up to 500 (over kill) will work just fine.
    A big high torque servo will need an ext BEC, to help with brown out...

if you are going to spend some $$ get a single...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

I have been running mine with a homemade glitch buster for a long time with no issues. All you need is a capacitor, a male servo lead, and some wire.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Competitor
    I have one of these in mine. It's a bit too slow but it definitely has the power to turn large tires.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-High-Voltage
    Need more parts.

RC Qualifier
    Rocking a single Hitec HS-7950TH with BEC set at 6V in MM settings. No issues, and the thing is just insanely powerful.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    Rocking a single Hitec HS-7950TH with BEC set at 6V in MM settings. No issues, and the thing is just insanely powerful.
    Do you use an external bec?
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Nope, he stated in his post thats he's using the MM set at 6V

RC Competitor
    Ok thanks for the info.

RC Racer
    I run a single hitec 7955 with no BEC or anything else other than setting the ESC to 6V

Great servo and a little cheaper than the 7955

Bash it like someone else has to fix it!

RC Qualifier
    7955 would be my second choice. In fact, I'll use it on my e-truggy. For ERBE though, I wanted the most powerful servo possible, what with huge Trenchers X and all those rocks I'm driving on...

RC Champion
    I went with the 7954sh and kinda wish i had gone faster. Albeit im pushing 7.4v through it at 0.12 sec with a bec. Alot of people overlook the speed. Its a pretty important IMO even though i don't race. The speed will affect your handling of the truck. If you rock crawl then the 7950 is great. It is the same speed as stock though... 0.15 sec when max powered on a bec.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

I run a Hitec HS-7950TH...I had an external BEC installed but since have removed and run of my MM internal BEC with no issues. The Hitec HS-7950TH may be a bit overkill for the eRevo but works flawlessly.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Does anyone recommend the parts to convert to a single servo, like what aftermarket parts are good and direct fit. Do they make a cover for the empty slot where the other servo was?
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

I use the STRC single servo arm and servo saver with heavy duty spring...also using the ofna servo horn.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5284328

& here

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5377674
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Does anyone recommend the parts to convert to a single servo, like what aftermarket parts are good and direct fit. Do they make a cover for the empty slot where the other servo was?
    Buy a new hitec servo and you do not need ANYTHING else. Everything you need you either already have or it comes in the box.

You can then upgrade to an Aluminium servo horn and steering arm.

RC Racer
    Thank you Mitch and byrnie! Think I will get the hitech 7955. I like the fact it's a drop in and go. I hope.
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Whether or not you upgrade to aluminium servo saver from STRC or Hot-Racing (which I definitely recommend), you definitely should install an HD spring (5344X).

RC Qualifier
    I disregarded a lot of advice and comments on this forum and others.....Instead of spending literally $10 more, I opted for the cheaper option and went with a Savox servo. It's unbelievably powerful, which is great an all, until you need it to center and stay centered for you to drive at any considerable speed. I'm almost to the point of hanging up my ERBE until I can replace the servo with a Hitech. Just my 2 cents. Also, you'll for sure want the HD spring. It's cheap and easy to install. It's only a matter of time until you break the other plastic parts and replace them with aluminum.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Thank you Mitch and byrnie! Think I will get the hitech 7955. I like the fact it's a drop in and go. I hope.
    It is possible to drop in without buying any costly parts. Thread the existing 3mm bolt into Hitec plastic servo arm and it will work great.

The only additional pieces i used were a 3mm lock nut and a HD Traxxas servo saver spring.

P.S. Unscrew the attached servo arm before powering on the servo. I almost broke my chassis bc it servo arm slammed against the chassis when trying to center.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    It is possible to drop in without buying any costly parts. Thread the existing 3mm bolt into Hitec plastic servo arm and it will work great.

The only additional pieces i used were a 3mm lock nut and a HD Traxxas servo saver spring.

P.S. Unscrew the attached servo arm before powering on the servo. I almost broke my chassis bc it servo arm slammed against the chassis when trying to center.
    Thanks!! Sounds good
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Racer
    I also run an HS-7955TG. 333 oz-in (~24 kg-cm) at 0.15 sec travel at 6.0v, and I have my BEC set to 6.8v.

RC Competitor
    Well I bit the bullet and ordered the 7950th along with the ofna horn and strc servo saver. I also picked up the HD spring. Hope the wife doesn't find out how much I spent on my "toys" again haha.

Hope the wife doesn't find out how much I spent on my "toys" again haha.

Would you go flip my truck back over??

Tell her you got it a long time ago and it was on sale... That's what she tells me.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by RockchalkJayhawk View Post
    Hope the wife doesn't find out how much I spent on my "toys" again haha.
    I hear that mate....
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    The good think is that my 18 month old daughter loves to watch and help steer so maybe I can say its for her benefit too.

RC Competitor
    Yay my servo and other parts came in today. Can't wait to get them installed and try them out.

RC Racer
    So I've read that the hitec servos mounting holes are a bit small. Do they not line up or do you have to make new mounting holes?
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Racer
    I read through here and don't know if I missed it or not. What are the advantages of a single servo over dual servos?

Bill

RC Competitor
    Really the only advantage is when you get a servo stronger/faster than both stock ones. The added torque helps turn your tires, especially the big mashers I have.