RC poster

Snap on edition Spartan

I have a snap on edition spartan with the dual rudder and updated cooling system and it is alot of fun. Just put the 32 lipos in it and it is fast, but the boat flipped over and now the boat will not plane out and even move that fast. when it flipped it got alittle bit of water in it. I drained it all out and tried different batteries and still wont plane out. Any ideas

RC Qualifier
    did you open your rx box and check for water? if it has water in it use air to blow off excess water then put in a bag of rice and let it sit in there for a couple of days or so.i have an erevo that my esc got drenched and stopped working so i put it in a bag of rice for 3 days put it back together and was like brand new.you can usesilicone caulk like for bathroom and seal the rx box where the wires go in so it doesn't happen again

RC poster
    yes it did get water it but after I drained it out the steering worked fine and the throttle worked ok but seemed as if it wouldnt go to wide open throttle. Could it be a setting on the esc changed when it got wet. I dont know where to check next

RC Champion
    You may want to try and restore the transmitter to factory defaults.

Yes the esc settings may have changed but water should not have entered the speed control....

You may also want to call Traxxas tec support.... They are very helpful.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Get a set square and a mini spirit level and check all the rear end is all level and square : sturt,strut mounts,trim tabs,turn fins

Could be to much up or to much down on the sturt would make it not plane too

RC poster
    ok but it also doesnt seem like it has the power also is there a number somewhere to reach traxxas

RC Competitor
    Yeah it's definitely not going to be something to do with the drive-line.....

Traxxas tech support number is 1-888-traxxas