RC Enthusiast

Tqi 2.4 4 channel loses signal.

So i had bought a new tqi 2.4ghz radio and reciever back in like december or january for my rustler but just installed it and drove it a few days ago. I found that i loses signal after about id say 150 feet..It will just like cut off and i have to walk closer to it until it picks up again. The antenna is fine, no kinks or anything, I took it to the LHS and they said it is probably the reciever although i have no way to test it. I don't want to waste money if im not 100% sure its the reciever. Is it most likely that or can it be the remote to? Which one would it most likely be.

By the way is there any radio systems out there better than the traxxas tqi. They tried to sell me one at the LHS, i think it was a spektrum for like $60, not sure what model but is that a better brand then traxxas because i was thinking about just getting that unless i know for sure my reciever is no good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I cannot say it is better, but I am much happier with my hacked GT3B than I was with the Traxxas LINK radio's I owned.

Costs about $40 for a 3 channel with a receiver... and about $60 for a hack kit and LiPo. After everything is done I have just as many features as the $200+ systems along with LiPo power. The hack kit can be used over and over for on other GT3B radios... possibly even the new GT3C.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    So do you think i should buy the new receiver for the tqi which is like $30 or just buy the new radio system?

Quote Originally Posted by tmorales509 View Post
    So do you think i should buy the new receiver for the tqi which is like $30 or just buy the new radio system?
    I prefer the futaba 3pl and have several of them. The 3pl is an older design so its cheaper but still is higher than the spectrum you mentioned above.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Unfortunately without another transmitter or receiver to test with it is very difficult to narrow it down to an issue with one part or the other. If the antenna was damaged then that is usually a "smoking gun" but in this case it is not so obvious.

I would suggest sending the radio system to Traxxas for testing. If you call us at 888-TRAXXAS (domestic) or 972-265-8000 (international) we can set you up a RMA number to help smooth the process. You could also email Support@Traxxas.com. Our warranty is 30 days from the date of purchase, but if it is something simple to correct they may be able to fix you up at no charge. Otherwise the Lifetime Electronics Warranty would apply.

http://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-L...onics-Warranty