RC Competitor

Jato race setup?

Hey guys I'm wondering how much it would take to get a jato to become a dirt track stadium truck maybe a mods list and some pics please help me out also I dot want a rustler because it is more old school and hasn't changed much I'm just curious guys. Thanks, Dustin

RC Qualifier
    Really all you need are some good off road tires. The Jato is a very capable truck off road. Even the best drivers at my local track, have a hard time staying in front of my Jato. Any where I can hit the throttle for a second or more I start catchen-um fast. The speed of the Jato makes up a lot for my bad driving. RPM lower susp arms front and rear, for crashes. Softer springs and heavier shock oil for better handling on a dirt track. Stiffer rear for front traction and stiffer front for rear traction. Fine tuning isn't really all that necessary unless your driving skills are at an advanced level. I'm just happy to keep it straight and make it all the way around without having to go flip it back over.

RC Competitor
    I was told that they were too overpowered and they have no suspension travel compared to the nitro rustler I mean I've had a rc10t4 and b4 but I didn't like them I really like the sound of nitro and not waiting for them to charge haha. Thanks man that's a big help do u run dish tires or what?

RC Qualifier
    The susp travel is the same on both trucks. For me there can never be too much power. Controlling the power is all in the throttle control. When I take off so fast off the start, racing a 1/8 scale buggy with a very good driver. That it takes him 1/2 a lap just to catch me, just to have me go back by him in the long straight. And repeating this pattern unless I wipe out. Makes me very proud of my little overpowered Jato.

RC Competitor
    Dude that sounds sweet haha do you have any photos of your jato or like a link so I can get an idea what I'm dealin with? Thanks, Dustin

RC Qualifier
    I wish I could. I just bought this computer back in January to play with a flight simulator (my first computer). I need to buy a good camera and get my son to show me how to do that kind off stuff. The closest things to a computer that I've ever messed with have been computer analyzers and power programmers for full size cars.

RC Competitor
    Haha yeah it's alright but thanks! Dustin

RC Racer
    put some pl tranchers on it rpm arms rpm bumpers ect.

RC Competitor
    yeah these guys are right...softer springs, heavier oil, better tires ( I used the 2.2 dish wheels with ribbed fronts and spiked rears) The 2.2 wheels made keeping my power straight down the track a lot easier than say.......badlands mounted on 2.8's. Also RPM wide front bumper has saved me a LOT. And don't forget the 1600mah Rx pack...made my servo's WAY faster.

RC poster
    Im looking to turn my jato into a short dirt track truck and I was wondering what tires you guys would recommend!? I still have the stock anacondas on the front and badlands on the rear, in need of some help!??