RC Enthusiast

How tail happy is this truck?

Seeing that its two wheel drive, how much does the back end want to slide? On like paved surfaces.. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    On paved surfaces, not hardly at all. On dirt you cant keep it straight if you nail the throttle off the start. But on the street it will spin the tires as it's standing up and going. If the tires and street are cold, then it can spin around on you. But if everything is warm it will go pretty good. And don't try turning very sharply going very fast or you will go tumbling down the street.

RC Racer
    On my electric slash it would spin out very frequently on pavement with the stock tires
    SLASH 2X4 VXL
    VINTAGE BIG BEAR

RC Racer
    So gs I have an electric to so are u sayin electric is more powerful if so I agree

RC poster
    I got the 2WD nitro slash and like Mark Ball said it sticks on pavement but the tail breaks loose pretty quick on dirt. I like it thought cuz it think it makes you a better drive. You cant just point it where you want to go and slam the throttle home. so if you get one prepare to have your skills tested.

Your suspension setup is a good deal of how your truck will handle... Thing is, a good offroad setting isn't always what you want for onroad. Some elect for a happy middle and that thing called throttle control...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Enthusiast
    It does really test your driving skills. I got my slash about 3 weeks ago, and it the first time I had ever run ANY nitro rc modle. Everybody is pretty much right..... hammer down (of road) and itll get there with out loosing to much control. On-Road is a whole different story though, you really cant turn very much at high speed. I run mine in my back yard, right now the grass is dormant so its not very tall, and the truck handles ok, it not as fun as a gravel parking lot though.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Nitro slash has softer s-1 tires in the rear and standard harder slash(elec spec) rubber in the front. This is the main reason it gets such good traction on pavement. The tires tread design holds it back a bit on dirt and it gets squirrly. The s1 tires are are way more sticky, but wear much faster. Put s1 tires on the rear only of a vxl slash and get the same traction traits...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Plus the Nitro Slash is just over 3lbs heavier than the Electric Slash (according to Traxxas' spec sheets) causing it to have more pavement grip.
    Nitro Slash 3.3

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    No way, specs are wrong. A fully loaded pair will be comparable in weight. Certainly not 3 lbs off. I would bet a buck that the nitro is lighter.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    No way, specs are wrong. A fully loaded pair will be comparable in weight. Certainly not 3 lbs off. I would bet a buck that the nitro is lighter.
    This is taken directly from Traxxas' Site

SLASH (#58034) SPECS
    Weight: 76.2oz (2.16kg) or converted with decimal 4.7625lbs

NITRO SLASH (#44054) SPECS
    Weight (no fuel): 7.78lbs (3.53kg)

Maybe the electric slash spec is without the battery?
    Nitro Slash 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I just weighed my all stock nitro Slash, it comes in at 5.17lbs with a half tank of gas and the rx pack installed.

RC Enthusiast
    Wonder where they got 7.78 from? lol
    Nitro Slash 3.3

Interesting. I'll have to look into this, thanks for bringing it up.