RC Competitor

Need help badly !!!

I getting xo-1 tmr and I got a question about the lipos do I need that charging bag ?
    And can I use and Lipo battery charger like the x-charger ? Is it a good charger ? I have the adapter for the ccharger adapter for the battery thanks I already had that charger and do I balance And charge the battery
    Same time ? Or how thanks very much guys

RC Qualifier
    You can't go wrong with a lipo bag. I never used one. Get a bed bath and beyond coupon and buy a pizza stone for like $15 after the coupon and charge on that. I always balance charge my batteries. It might be overkill though. I don't know anything about that charger.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    A charging bag isn't completely necessary. I may get chewed out for saying it, but I have never used one. I have never even had a lipo heat up during charging. I think you would have to do something extremely stupid to have something go wrong. Like smashing the lipo and then charging it with super high amps. You can use any lipo charger you like, just make sure it has a balance plug as well. The maximum charge rate stated on the stock xo-1 batteries is 1c, which is 5amps. Keep your charger set to that amount and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by roachtron View Post
    A charging bag isn't completely necessary. I may get chewed out for saying it, but I have never used one. I have never even had a lipo heat up during charging. I think you would have to do something extremely stupid to have something go wrong. Like smashing the lipo and then charging it with super high amps. You can use any lipo charger you like, just make sure it has a balance plug as well. The maximum charge rate stated on the stock xo-1 batteries is 1c, which is 5amps. Keep your charger set to that amount and you will be fine.
    The only advantage of insurance is experienced when you actually make use of it. Using a lipo bag is a simple and quite cheap insurance. You rely on luck instead of insurance. It's a choice. Not chewing you out, just sharing a different opinion.
    Nobody is born with experience

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I always charge & store my Lipos in a Lipo bag. They range in cost from $10 and ↑. Like Petertje said its cheap insurance and not worth the alternative. I've been using Lipo for nearly 2 years and have never had a casualty with a Lipo. I've had to get rid of a couple that were my own fault becasue of bad practices in the begining.

If you are new to the Lipo scene. Read up on them. Good charging and storing practices makes for a better experience with Lipo. Learn good habits in the begining instead of having to break bad ones down the road. If you need any help on this let us know.

I'm also unfamiliar with that charger. Do you know if its Lipo capable?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    How Amps
    Should I charge the battery on ? In going to charge then 1 by 1

how many amps*

ya its lipo capable
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-24-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xl.5 View Post
    ya its lipo capable
    1 amp per every 1000 mah on your battery. That is the safe route, but "some" batteries you can charge faster but not all of them. I would stick with 1 amp. Example: 4000 mah battery = 4 amps - 5000 mah battery = 5 amps and so on and so on.

I use an ammo can I picked up from a local army surplus store. Just cut some holes in the side at the top so it has vents in case something were to happen. (You don't want a sealed container to build pressure.) I've also gone so far as to cut a bigger hole in the middle of it that I lined with rubber to run the charging wires through. Now I have storage and charging all in one.

Added bonus - it protects the batteries from just about anything smashing into them while in storage. The bag offers some protection but these boxes are usually made from steel.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    +1 to XO1EXT. 1c or 1a per every 1000mah is basic. On the back of your Lipo or the instructions that come with them will tell you what the max charge rate is. 1c x 5000mah = 5a or 2c x 5000mah = 10a. This "c" rating is different than the discharge on the front of the pack.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore