RC poster

linking second truck problem !?!

I am trying to link a second vehicle to my tqi following the directions on this site. Everything seemed to work fine except the throttle, nothing! Am I doing something wrong? I checked the servo, and that works fine.
    Thank you in advance!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Did you recalibrate the ESC to the new remote?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    First I should say that I am new to this forum. I searched for anyhing on recalibrating the esc, with no results. I'm pretty new to this TQi (almost lost is a better way of putting it!!). Is there a link that I could follow to figure this out? I want to learn these things by doing, but I think I need a shove in the right direction. The truck I'm trying to set up is a Revo 3.3, and the truck that is already matched to this radio is a Slayer pro, does this change anything? Thanks, Jimmy N. for replying!!

Nitro's don't have ESC's.

Are you sure the throttle servo is plugged into the proper channel? Channel 2?

RC poster
    Yeah, the throttle is plugged into ch. 2, I was looking for the "recalibrating the esc" after reading your reply!! I should have been more clear in my original post, sorry. I pulled the lead out of the optidrive and put it in the reciever (channel one) to test that the servo works and it worked fine (throttle). Is the optidrive maybe what is giving me problems?? I replaced it with a new one I had and it was the same result. Losing the reverse is not a big issue for me. thanks again for any help!!

Some optidrive's don't play well with 2.4 radios. There are a few threads on this in this section if you dig for them.

RC poster
    Ok, I just bypassed the optidrive and everything is working fine!! NOW.... if I wanted to use the shift/reverse option, could I still do that some way? I have channel 3 and 4 still available, a lead coming from the reverse servo, and one coming from the trans. How would those be routed?

Yes... with the proper optidrive, but Traxxas did not see fit to change any part numbers (again) when they changed or updated the optidrive unit to work with 2.4 radio systems.

I am not sure how to wire up your RC... that question may be answered better in the forum for the Revo 3.3.

RC poster
    Thanks I appreciate the help. i've read a lot of posts and found a lot of good, useful info in these forums, It's nice to have this source to help with problems like this!!!!