RC Competitor

Questions about traxxas steel CVDs

I'd like to upgrade the stock drive shafts (front/rear/center) into steel ones. However, I saw many posts said the rear cvd kept popping out from drive cup and recommended replace the rear cup into extended ones.

So my question is, has traxxas already fixed this, so that newest traxxas cvd has included the extended drive cup? if not, is it a must-do to get a extended drive cup?

Thanks

RC Racer
    i think they work perfectly fine. I just bought mine and run it kind of hard a they work fine. And the tires and wheel set up i got is the 40 series set up. So is more weight . I havent had a cvd popping out. And yes they are the TRAXXAS brand

RC Qualifier
    I think it was the MIP's that everybody was having trouble with. My Traxxas cvd's work fine, no problems.

RC poster
    I have the extended cups with proline big Joes and they still pop out had to run on middle ride height hole. Also using RPM true track system

RC Competitor
    Thanks for sharing.
    Carlos1398 and Mark_Ball: which riding height are you using?

RC Qualifier
    I keep it all the way up, but with pretty soft springs.

RC Racer
    keep it stock height but with soft spring. Fo it wont roll over as much with hard springs. JUst like MARK BALL.

RC Enthusiast
    I think if you have the summit extended wheelbase rear arms, using the +19mm setting you will need the extended drive cups if using the CVD,s
    *REVO33
    *EREVOVXL
    *SLASH4X4
    *STAMPEDE
    *JATO33

RC Competitor
    I used the trx steel cvds with rpm arms and the extended cups and if I landed wrong or cart wheeled on jumps my cvds would pop loose. I now use the stock rear shafts and the steel front.
    Just my 2 cents

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the information!
    I checked the traxxas guide for cvd. It says cvd is designed for lower two ride hole not for the highest one.

RC Qualifier
    Hard landing a lot of flex n it pops. Got extended cups for thetear now when it pops its ok cause it was a horrible crash which rarley happens to that extent.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot