Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 54
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    480

    Custom XO-1 Body Manufacturers

    Since the aero dynamics of the XO-1 are it's big limiting factor, what companies out there make custom bodies for the XO-1? Or, if they don't make them specifically for the XO-1, which of them could potentially make one?

    I ask because I see videos of ofnas running 130+ mph passes and their bodies don't have to have drag wings on them, and they are definitely more streamlined.
    XO-1 #4...

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    I haven't seen anyone making bodies for the XO-1. Wish they would.
    Jeremy

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    3
    There is a new company that is going to be producing some XO-1 bodies called KillerBodyRC. Nothing is on the market yet but its coming out soon, I was flipping through a booklet I received from them and they have a Corvette and an Alfa Romeo coming out. I do not know the pricing on them or how aerodynamic they are but they have light kits and other cool little accessories coming out for the XO-1. I personally will be grabbing the GT2 Corevette body for my XO-1 xD
    Garage: 13 Cars
    Traxxas 5, HPI 3, Losi 2, Other 3

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norf Cackalacky
    Posts
    452
    Wow. Good to know.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Haven, Mi.
    Posts
    43
    Those body's are not cheap! At least the Corvette GT2 is not. On Ebay they want well over $100.00 dollars for it + shipping! And that web site KillerBodys is not state side but there is a distrubator for them in the states, but every Corvette GT2 body that i looked up was out of stock. I just can't see spending that much for a body. Although i do see mirror chrome body's for the XO-1 sell on Ebay for well over $225 + shipping!! So in a sense that is cheap??

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    I cant find them on Ebay- do you have a link?

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,985
    FWIW, whois reveals:
    Domain Name: KILLERBODYRC.COM
    ...

    Registrant:
    Cheng Hai Lee Toys Co., Ltd.
    ZhuLin
    GUANGDONG, CHINA
    ShanTou CITY, Guangdong 515833
    China

    Which somewhat explains the misspellings, etc. on the www.killerbodyrc.com website.

    I'm not sure I'd be looking for products anytime soon.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  8. #8
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Haven, Mi.
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    I cant find them on Ebay- do you have a link?

    Thanks!
    This seller has the GT2 body the cheapest on Ebay right now.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221227356958...84.m1438.l2649

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    Ok...this a Kyosho Body not a KillerBodyRc one...

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Haven, Mi.
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    Ok...this a Kyosho Body not a KillerBodyRc one...
    They are one in the same, except each one has different stickers in different spots. Beside go to KillerbodyRc and look at the pics and compare the two. On the Killerbody's web site i do not even see where to order it or how much it is.

  11. #11
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,985
    Quote Originally Posted by XO1EXTREMESPEED View Post
    This seller has the GT2 body the cheapest on Ebay right now.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221227356958...84.m1438.l2649
    There is nothing new about that Kyosho body - it has been around since at least mid-2009 and (still) doesn't fit.
    Specifications:
    Inferno GT2 (Traxxas XO1)
    Length: 515mm (686mm)
    Width: 310mm (295-300mm)
    Height: 135mm (127.5mm)
    Wheelbase: 360mm (404mm)

    It is absurd and ludicrous to claim a body for that Kyosho and one for a Traxxas XO1 are one and the same.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  12. #12
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Haven, Mi.
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    There is nothing new about that Kyosho body - it has been around since at least mid-2009 and (still) doesn't fit.
    Specifications:
    Inferno GT2 (Traxxas XO1)
    Length: 515mm (686mm)
    Width: 310mm (295-300mm)
    Height: 135mm (127.5mm)
    Wheelbase: 360mm (404mm)

    It is absurd and ludicrous to claim a body for that Kyosho and one for a Traxxas XO1 are one and the same.
    Ok so where do i order it from that web site because now i am interested.

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    there is also a company called HOBAO that makes 1/7 scale bodies Lambo and Modena.

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicSword View Post
    There is a new company that is going to be producing some XO-1 bodies called KillerBodyRC. Nothing is on the market yet but its coming out soon, I was flipping through a booklet I received from them and they have a Corvette and an Alfa Romeo coming out. I do not know the pricing on them or how aerodynamic they are but they have light kits and other cool little accessories coming out for the XO-1. I personally will be grabbing the GT2 Corevette body for my XO-1 xD
    That's cool and all, but I could care less about a Corvette or Alfa Romeo body unless it's built to allow my XO-1 to hit 140+ without any modifications. For me it's all about function over form. The less I spend on this XO-1 the more I can spend on a real car.
    XO-1 #4...

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26
    gotta boy that runs inferno body past 160mph no problems man. looked at his actually and u can actually take 2 bodies and make 1 for the xo1 that will fit. lotz of custimisation but thats what this sport is all about. its about who puts in the most time tey r usually the fastest 1s out there. thankz for posting up dimensions of the body too!

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Ok, so RC Driver magazine did a write up on Killerbody RC, which usually indicates availability now or very soon. I checked out their website and saw no pricing info or any way to order. I'm thinking they will be selling only to hobby shops and not directly to the consumer. I sent them an email to see when their products will be available. Hopefully soon. I hope they come out with more options for the XO-1. I could care less about a Corvette body. I'd like to see a 2011-14 Mustang body. I would buy all that I could afford

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6
    I would actually buy a dang XO-1 if I could get a custom Tesla Model S body.

    So fitting... delicious...

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Ok, so RC Driver magazine did a write up on Killerbody RC, which usually indicates availability now or very soon. I checked out their website and saw no pricing info or any way to order. I'm thinking they will be selling only to hobby shops and not directly to the consumer. I sent them an email to see when their products will be available. Hopefully soon. I hope they come out with more options for the XO-1. I could care less about a Corvette body. I'd like to see a 2011-14 Mustang body. I would buy all that I could afford
    I am so building my XO-1 back to 1/7 scale, I've been wanting that corvette C6R for XO-1 for awhile and I didn't really want the 360mm wheelbase corvette C6R.

  19. #19
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I am so building my XO-1 back to 1/7 scale, I've been wanting that corvette C6R for XO-1 for awhile and I didn't really want the 360mm wheelbase corvette C6R.
    They have some pretty nice looking stuff and it looks like the Vette body even comes with canards and a bunch of other stuff. Makes me wonder about the price.

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Highly doubt that their bodies will a actually look like a real vette. Those kyosho bodies looks so good bucuz their officially licensed by Ferrari aston Martin BMW corvette but I'm sure once it expired that's all she wrote , these other companies makin knock off look alikes just don't cut team c tried to make a vette body n it look like junk
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Their website says they're licensed by GM I believe.

  22. #22
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Just got an email from them yesterday with all of their MSRP pricing. Best bet is gonna be clear bodies. They seem to be the cheapest. Bodies ready to go can get up in the $90+ range.

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Hi there, I'm a noob in this forum. I haven't even got my xo-1 yet but it's on the way : D

    But I do have a little experience with Chinese companies. From my experience, never deal with Chinese companies if the companies are Chinese-initiated and owned by Chinese. I'm talking prc here, not just any kind of Chinese. If the companies or factories are foreigned owned but produced in china, then that's ok, eg Lego, Apple, etc.

    I visited the 2 websites mentioned 'killerbodyrc' and 'Hobao' and I smell a rat. The build quality is usually poor to average at best and the after sales service sucks. I have bad experience with such companies. I bought headlamps for my toyota and I can attest that the quality sucks. Attempts to get after sales service was greeted by non-response. The warranty is as good as nothing. So guys, if you still insist on engaging their services, approach with care.

  24. #24
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,985
    Does not HoBao make Ofna vehicles?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  25. #25
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by panasonicht75 View Post
    Hi there, I'm a noob in this forum. I haven't even got my xo-1 yet but it's on the way : D

    But I do have a little experience with Chinese companies. From my experience, never deal with Chinese companies if the companies are Chinese-initiated and owned by Chinese. I'm talking prc here, not just any kind of Chinese. If the companies or factories are foreigned owned but produced in china, then that's ok, eg Lego, Apple, etc.

    I visited the 2 websites mentioned 'killerbodyrc' and 'Hobao' and I smell a rat. The build quality is usually poor to average at best and the after sales service sucks. I have bad experience with such companies. I bought headlamps for my toyota and I can attest that the quality sucks. Attempts to get after sales service was greeted by non-response. The warranty is as good as nothing. So guys, if you still insist on engaging their services, approach with care.
    So, you're judging a company who's products aren't even out yet. How do you smell a rat?

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Does not HoBao make Ofna vehicles?
    Yes they do, as well as a company named Hong Nor depending on the car.
    RSR
    KPGC treasurer (& BuRPS addict)

  27. #27
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    150
    That corvette body looks sick but I will wait until its sold on ebay before I buy so if I don't like it or something like that I can have protection thru ebay or PayPal.
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonmaxx View Post
    That corvette body looks sick but I will wait until its sold on ebay before I buy so if I don't like it or something like that I can have protection thru ebay or PayPal.
    Wait wait wait... you're gonna wait until they're on ebay in case you don't like it? What, so you can return it or file a case against a seller to get your money back??? My advice to you would be to just not buy one. What you're thinking of doing is just wrong.

  29. #29
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Garden Grove CA
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Wait wait wait... you're gonna wait until they're on ebay in case you don't like it? What, so you can return it or file a case against a seller to get your money back??? My advice to you would be to just not buy one. What you're thinking of doing is just wrong.
    100% agreed with ya on this one.

  30. #30
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    150
    No, No No, let me clear this up. I'm going off of what Panasonicht75 said about quality and not being able to dispute with them when you buy it from a Chinese company and its not as described. If I purchase it on ebay and its significantly not as described then yeah I would contact the seller to resolve the problem if need be and if push comes to shove I am protected by eBay. I'm trying to extort anyone or anything like that. I buy and sell on eBay for the last 7 years and maintain a 100% positive score with over 1000 feedback. I guess I worded my statement wrong before.
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

  31. #31
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,985
    Thank you for replying so calmly and politely. That could have gone sideways quickly.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  32. #32
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Garden Grove CA
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonmaxx View Post
    No, No No, let me clear this up. I'm going off of what Panasonicht75 said about quality and not being able to dispute with them when you buy it from a Chinese company and its not as described. If I purchase it on ebay and its significantly not as described then yeah I would contact the seller to resolve the problem if need be and if push comes to shove I am protected by eBay. I'm trying to extort anyone or anything like that. I buy and sell on eBay for the last 7 years and maintain a 100% positive score with over 1000 feedback. I guess I worded my statement wrong before.
    Oh yea since you've put it that way I see where you're coming from. I'm a bit hesitant too myself when i comes to buying overseas

  33. #33
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    When buying on ebay, just keep in mind the seller is not responsible for a manufacturers quality standards. If they sell as new and it arrives to you in new condition, then the seller has done their job. Maybe you should wait until you see one in person before you buy. I'm sure your lhs will be stocking them.

  34. #34
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    150
    I agree with you totally but it depends on the sellers return policy if. If they don't mind returns or returns with terms such as restocking fees I don't see a problem with returning it to them if we both agree. I'm sure my lhs will not have stuff like this in stock nor do I know anyone else that has an xo-1. I'm going to wait until someone on here gets it or buy one myself when there available.
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

  35. #35
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Well they will be offering bodies for other vehicles as well, namely sct's. So, I would think your lhs might carry them.

  36. #36
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,604
    Im not sure those KillerbodyRC bodies will be made for the XO-1 they label them GT2 and if you look at the specs they have the right wheelbase but they are narrow for the XO-1 at only 284mm

    They look amazing though, great detail.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

  37. #37
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    150
    Your right but the pics they have up showing the front splitter along with the xo-1 wheels and side skirts. Maybe there specs are off
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,604
    I didn't see any mounted pics. just the 1/7 TC Gallery on their website.
    Probably just specs off on the listings.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

  39. #39
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Look up killerbodyrc on you tube. They show both bodies for the xo-1 on the car and running so I would say they fit.

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    3,604
    yep, saw the video afterwards.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •