Thread: New here

RC poster

New here

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I just got into R/C's about a month ago. I have been collecting stuff, and have to find a way to slow down. Every time I see a good deal, it is hard to pass up. So far, I have a Summit, E-maxx, Stampede, a 1/16 Slash that I think I want to sell and just got my daughter a Rustler. E-maxx is still being repaired, it needed a new ESC, but other than that, is in great shape. I am hoping to learn a few things by joining the site. Still a little over whelmed sometimes, but I think I am getting it.

Welcome, and apologies, but you are not likely to find reasons to slow down here (except for the slower driving part.)

Feel free to ask as many questions as often as you want - we'll try to help.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    True, I haven't really found a way to stop ordering parts. I hope to have the e-maxx up and running soon, just need some connectors, and then she will be ready. I have been having a blast with the Stampede. The summit isn't as fun yet since I haven't found a good place to run it yet.
    E-maxx, Rally, Mini Rally

RC Qualifier
    Welcome I think we call what you have an addition. Maybe we should rename the forum - SA, (Summit Anonymous) I think we all suffer (enjoy) the r/c addition in one form or another. How old is your Summit, did you buy it new or used. When you do find a place to run it you'll be impressed. My Slash, emaxx, tmaxx are all dust collectors now. Have fun and slow down and enjoy the ride

RC poster
    I got it used from a local guy, got a really good deal. He said it was from 2011. It has the 2.4 Ghz link radio, so it is newer. It really just needed a front tierod. I really want to find somewhere to run it, I think it will make me more excited about it.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2
    E-maxx, Rally, Mini Rally

RC Qualifier
    ya thats the best part about a summit, is the terrain where it will go. almost anywhere you can physically go the Summit can go there also. Try to get out and run it, I know with mine going up and done the street is nothing compared to getting out on rough terrain with the Summit.