Thread: Summit maybe?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Summit maybe?

Thinking of getting one. I might install a RX8-2000kv for great speed, but still preserve his nature at lowe speed. I like the dewalt set-up the only downfall is the speed. I would like to hear some input. Thanks.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 05-20-2013 at 08:52 PM.

RC Racer
    I would suggest the summit with the Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 with 2200kv motor. I have it and it works very well at high speeds and low speed. Great speed. Great crawling.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the sensored system runs smoother at low speed.

Just get a Summit, and while you're looking at it you can figure out what to do next.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Get a Summit first and just drive it, then change/upgrade what you wish you will be surprised
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Racer
    i would definitely try the stock out before worrying about going brushless. Normally i preach brushless, but with my summit the Dewalt is plenty satisfying.
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC poster
    I thought I was going to need a brushless before actually getting my Summit, and after driving it the first time, I learned it probably wasn't necessary for my needs. I know I would probably upgrade down the road, but it wasn't as immediate a need as I was initially thinking. I still have some tuning to do (electronic and mechanical), but the stock motor is still great for my application.

Either way, stock or not, I bet you'll be more than pleased. I know I certainly am

RC Qualifier
    Buy a summit you won't be disappointed. I have stock ones and mod ones with the Dewalt 14.4. The Dewalt is plenty of motor and meets all my needs. Want to go faster change the pinion to a 21t and hold on. I like the 16t and 19t, faster on the top end and still has great low end.