Thread: slipper setting

RC Qualifier

slipper setting

I searched today and didn't really find much on how the slipper should be setup, I know if its too loose it will burn up relatively quickly. Just not sure how tight to make it. Under full accel with a 2S pack, should it wheely or should it be set so that it doesn't wheely on takeoff? I have it right now so its just kind of flexing the chassis and lifting one front wheel at takeoff. Should I tighten it up a bit?

RC Racer
    Loosen up 1/4 turn at a time, till you see the front lift up, but no wheelies.
    2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy

RC Qualifier
    Okay so not just a tire, but both wheels should lift? Like an inch or 2?

RC Racer
    No hes saying to make it so the front lifts up but the wheels stay on the ground the whole time. Body comes up maybe a inch. Sounds like yours may be a little too tight. Do 1/4 turns at test to get it right on point

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Ah okay, I had it Like that but tightened more as I thought I would burn it up.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure how many turns that method leaves you with but the manual says 3/4 to 1 full turn out from the spring being fully compressed.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum View Post
    Not sure how many turns that method leaves you with but the manual says 3/4 to 1 full turn out from the spring being fully compressed.
    Unfortunately, that would require taking the gearbox out which I don't really want to do, no way I can really tell that when i'm using needlenose pliers to hold the nut.

RC Qualifier

slipper setting

You don't have to remove anything. You should be using needle nose pliers and a hex key to adjust the slipper anyways. The hex is used on the input shaft, opposite side of the transmission from the slipper (there's a hole in the shaft. *cough*manual*cough*
    Last edited by TheMajekalBum; 05-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Competitor
    7/32 wrentch works just fine. It may not be the the exact size bit considering how tight you adjust the clutch it- it works

RC Qualifier
    I tried open end wrench, at least the one I have wasn't going to fit, and the 4 way wrench as in the picture definately wouldn't fit. I just want to make sure I have it tight enough to not burn up the clutch pads.

RC Qualifier
    Use a small hex wrench, a thin drill or a strong needle to block the shaft. Adjust the hex nut with needle nose pliers as suggested.
    3/4 turn loose is a good starting point with a 380size motor and 2S.
    I managed to burn a slipper once with a loose clutch. The 55T spur literally melted. Funny smell, like a stuck train brake.

RC poster