RC poster

E revo upgrade to brushless

Hi E REVO community so i have 1/10 e revo with two 550 titam motors and i want to upgrade to brushless moto but iam new. I was reaching out for help to see what do i need to upgrade to brusless motor can i install two brushless motor or only ne. If i do upgrade to brushless what else do i need to upgrade. I hop you guys can help me i apprciate the time.

RC Champion
    when i did mine, i got a 2.4g traxxas controler/reciever. the mm2/2200kv castle combo. and the single motor mount. thats basically it. i already had spc lipos, and traxxas easy peak plus charger.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Traxxas has a trade in program here http://www.traxxas.com/v2/powerup/choose/

Personally I would try to find the waterproof MMM2 ESC from Tower Hobbies or Amain Hobbies. The 2200kv motor is the one you want to choose. It is waterproof so your truck will be all set.

You will want also two 2s lipo batteries, a capable charger, and deep pockets. A good setup can cost $250+ for the charger and batteries. 350W I-charger 20 amps should get you going very well. I wouldn't get a charger that does anything less than 20 amps since this truck requires two batteries no matter what. You can charge two with the above charger. One day in the future you will see that $170 is a great investment. That $50 charger you may see that works well takes multiple hours to charge up but only allows a run for 30 minutes and then you are back on the charger for multiple hours. Its much more satisfying to charge for 45 minutes and run for 30-45 minutes while your next set of batteries is charging.
    Last edited by anr2442; 05-20-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp84 View Post
    Hi E REVO community so i have 1/10 e revo with two 550 titam motors and i want to upgrade to brushless moto but iam new. I was reaching out for help to see what do i need to upgrade to brusless motor can i install two brushless motor or only ne. If i do upgrade to brushless what else do i need to upgrade. I hop you guys can help me i apprciate the time.
    There have been dual velneon builds and such but I dont recommend it.

All you really need to do it grab a 1/8 brushless esc and a 1/8 brushless motor in the 2000-2700KV range. Having 17mm adaptors and a 2.4GHz radio is always nice.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum.... And which ever system you chose you gonna love brushless in your Revo.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    hey do you guys know if the 17mm adaptors will fit on the brushed revo without any changes to the wheels? thanks.
    "That don't make NO sense!"

Welcome to forums mate...you going to love the power of brushless. The MM2 2200kV combo is a beast in the eRevo .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    The 17mm adapters are for using wheels with 17mm hex. If your brushed E-Revos still come with 14mm hex, then the TRX hexes are straight bolt-on but will not work with your current wheels.

Match the wheel hex size to the hexes on the truck. (: