RC Enthusiast

New engine question?

Just wondering when i go to purchase my new .28 or larger motor for my revo if i need to buy a pilot shaft or sg style crank? Thanks for the help!

RC Enthusiast
    Can anyone help With this?

RC Champion
    LOL. I think you will find that you won't have much choice in the matter.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    What is the diffrence between the two?

That's a question that falls under aftermarket support and you'll need to contact the manufacturer for that.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    What is the diffrence between the two?
    Use the search function, or go out on the www and search. No reason to type it all out, when you can search and read.

Sorry, but that is why I intitially answered your question with a smarty-pants answer. If you would search out the info you will see why I am smarty-pants.
    Last edited by Oomp; 05-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I think they're trying to tell you that your asking about the wrong brand in the wrong place. Read the, Guidelines To Discussing Aftermarket Parts and Engines by Double G, and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's rite below all of the Revo gallery threads.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry.Won't happen again.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder why the traxxas forums are so dead. Hmm never mind I know why because its impossible to get a decent answer with out someone feeling the need to be rude so nobody visits these forums anymore. Take this as you will but you mods should really clean this place up its your job to tell someone where and what they can say and these other " members" feel the need to act like moderators but all they are really doing is making people feel unwanted or attacked in a way it's extremely discouraging for new members or young children

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    I wonder why the traxxas forums are so dead. Hmm never mind I know why because its impossible to get a decent answer with out someone feeling the need to be rude so nobody visits these forums anymore. Take this as you will but you mods should really clean this place up its your job to tell someone where and what they can say and these other " members" feel the need to act like moderators but all they are really doing is making people feel unwanted or attacked in a way it's extremely discouraging for new members or young children

So far this is the rudest post I have ever read. I think the moderator do a fine job at keeping up with things, IMO. Considering they repeat themselves 1000's of times over the years, they're quit cordial. And it seems like nobody hardly browses the forums for answers before they ask questions that have answers all over the place. Most of us aren't intending to sound smart or rude, but when you can't hear the tones in a persons voice it's hard to know exactly how they meant it. That's why you see so many LoL's and Ha Ha's. But we all say things that will offend some people sometimes. I never mean to, but I still do. I just want to help and be helped and I feel most everybody else is here for the same reason. Don't be so sensitive.

Don't know where this came from and nowhere do I see any non-mods stepping out of bounds here. If you are referencing my post above, take a close look at the title under my name. This is your warning.

Traxxas has rules about what happens in their house. Read the rules and it states we can discuss aftermarket parts in how they will fit into our vehicles.
    If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket part for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that part directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket parts. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas part you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the part.
    Sure this board may not have as much action as others, but does the Losi board appear busier? Ofna? From what I can see those manufacturer-specific forums talk about the vehicles and parts they produce. You know where it is busier? General RC forums that are not specific to a brand. Those forums are funded by either donations by the members, member fees or advertising. Here none of that even takes place. We sign up for free and do not need to prove that we purchased a Traxxas product.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    nobody visits these forums anymore
    The simplicity of this is that you joined LONG after the MT craze ended, and it's a forum based on a toy truck. If you would have been a forum member in say, 2005-2008, you would not have seen this slow amount of traffic. THIS is why the search engine is the first thing you want to use when trying to find an answer. The large majority of members, with the most time invested in the how's and why's of the the REVO are long gone. ALL of the answers, that anybody is looking for, are tucked away in the forums archives. Believe me, it has all been discussed, over years and years. Nothing new for the Revo has come out in years. The veterans have left the game, and it's all down to rookie owners of the Revo now. So, let the forum work like it is supposed to. Revo owners have a place to chat about the Revo, in their own forum, on their own time, at their own pace. Either let the rookies chat it up and figure things out for themselves, or deal with short answer like "use the search function". Many, many qustions have been responded to in great detail, even though there are thousands of threads on the same topic.

I was just discussing this with another "veteran" Revo owner. Both of our Revos are packed away, or on display. We only come onto the forum for one purpose, and that is to give a little helping hand. Wether that involves a long response, a link to another thread, or "use the search function", is up to us, as random forum members to answer as we wish (within the rules of this forum). If you don't think that is helpful, than I agree with Mark Ball, that it is members like yourself that have slowed down the forum, by responding with a long confrontational post. Look where that gets you. It gets you a confrontational response back, 3 fold. In the time I have been a member of this forum, I have recieved one warning, in 2006 mind you, so I feel I have been more help than hinderance.

A "smarty-pants" answer here and there goes with the flow, again, as long as it's doesnt violate any forum rules or is insulting. In this regard, the OP has previously stated how he has an advanced skill set. The question, which is the basis of this thread being started, severly contradicts that stated skill set completely, due to it's basic inquiry. Hence, "smarty-pants", then the "use the search function" comment. Not wasting the OP's time, or mine, or yours for that matter because I noticed you provided no response to the original question, only a commentary.

Please let me give you an example; On another forum, yes there are others, a member was not getting the answers he wanted quick enough. Right off the bat, that is heiney backwards (see how gentle I am? LOL). I have seen where someone post's, and 15 minutes later, posted again, insulting other members because they were not reponding. Hello, is anybody out there? He says, eventually, "why should I waste a couple hours searching, when I can just ask and wait for an answer?" DUH, because it may take you days, or even weeks, to get an answer. Duh, because you are not accounting for the fact that the "veterans" have left all that info for you when they were working out the same problems you are asking about. ALL of the info he was looking for has been availabe to EVERYONE with a computer. The www is the largest library ever created, and you don't need to know the Dewey Decimal System to use it. Type a few key words, wether in the forum itself or www, far less than you needed to type in your original question, and you will be flooded with all the information you can absorb.

I could have responded to you with multiple paragraphs of insults left and right, but common sense proves to be a little more gentle.

RC Champion
    The mods are doing a proper job too. In the old days, this thread would have ended up being 3 pages of members threatening to punch each others lights out.

I better unsubscribe to this thread now, to avoid repeating myself.
    Last edited by Oomp; 05-25-2013 at 03:44 AM.

RC poster

pure nonsense

I had left this forum a few years back because of people with "smart pants" ..same thing same person on my first question when I decided to stick my nose back into this forum..I liked coming here. I could help people and people could help me without a attitude or smart pants answers ... I understand they are tired of seeing the same questions again and again and they are buried in archived files. But if it bothers you to help then leave..don't chime in..its your choice to chime or not..if you got a smarty pants anything keep it to your self. The people here asking questions now aren't the ones here years back...so they coming back with there questions.. that's what its here for..remember that..I want be back..you want see another post from me here ever again..the moderators here do a wonderful job for the most part...when they allow smarty pants answers and then get on that persons side against someone who obviously doesn't know a lot regardless of what he says he knows..I'm 50 years old and I'm watching folks act like they are in high school..should I feel this way? By no means...I was made feel this way..had my intelligence questioned about a business own..I been a machinist 32 years..own my own machine shop..7 mills and8 turning machines. I've forgot more than most will ever know..when i tell someone who says been doin it 23 years I'm explaining simple rout and he's lost..no clue what I'm talking about...instead of being smarty pants until now. I kindly said I'm sorry I can tell I got you lost and what you said is right anyway ...that's how dumb answers should be treated .. but yall don't do that..so if you been machining 23 years you might wanna look at plan b...your lost at machinist work..anything technical anyway. That anger your feeling now...I felt it the op felt it the guy who left the comment felt it there's ya three fold..don't feel so good when someone has smarty pants answers and then insults your intelligence...if you knew how if felt you did it being mean..
    So next time anybody ask a question if you don't have something good to say then don't say nothing...if you had have did that you wouldn't have seen how angered you make a man..
    Do as you please just remember what you have already done to many people cause you think you know it all and don't..
    As I said I'm logging out now I want be back I hope you change your attitude or your gonna keep getting this from people..
    To the ones here that have spoke to me on a eye to eye level thank you and I've enjoyed talking with you.
    Hope you have a blessed day and life

Steve Smith
    Last edited by revo_stevo; 05-26-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: to leave the forum
    Speed cost money!
    How fast do you want to go ?

All good points. This thread has derailed and before it becomes a major train wreck...
    The Super Derecho