RC Qualifier

Is this a new E-Revo coming out?

I have been contemplating the purchase of a new E-Revo. Doing a search on Tower for "e-revo rtr" I had among the results a 5608X come up. $679.99 and shown as "order pending". As you know the E-Revo brushed is 5603, brushless is 5608 and 5608L comes with Lipo. So I'm assuming this 5608X might be with the waterproof mamba monster? Anyone heard anything? Those prices on Tower are many times cheaper after the item gets in stock, but it's already cheaper than the brushless with the Ni-MH packs. They have a $50 off coupon right now for club members and the usual free shipping. Might hold off and see what the deal is?

IDK, but from a product description found with a Google search (Bing failed):
    [TRA5608x] Brushless E-Revo RTR without Battery
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Ahh... Oh well... That makes sense on the price then.

I'd take that product description with more than a grain of salt.
    Also, since it seems Castle isn't making the original Monster ESC any longer, would it not make sense that the MM2 would be included at some point in the future? Of course, there's another path they can take, using another existing product already in a Traxxas vehicle: the MM Extreme. Just two of an infinite number of potential MMM successors. We'll ALL find out when it happens, and likely not before.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =