RC Racer

Lead Acid charging with EZ Peak Plus

I recently purchased an EZ Peak Plus, and I was surprised to find out that it is capable of charging lead acid batteries. Would this charger work alright for large deep cycle batteries or is it underpowered?

Battery is a 12v 115ah deep cycle. I won't need to charge above 5amps so that is not a problem. I am just wondering how the charger watts would play into this. I know the EZ Peak is an 80watt charger, but I am not sure if that is too low for this size battery or if it would be fine.
    E-MAXX 3905 + Villain IV + Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure about your question, but that is awesome it will charge sla batteries! And how do you have a 115ah battery?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Racer
    I had no idea that it could charge those either when I first bought it. But after reading through the manual I noticed that it was capable of lead acid as well. The battery I have is a 115ah (amp hour, not milliamp hour) trolling battery. It would be great if this charger would work for both my rc and trolling batteries to save me from having to bring two chargers to the lake every weekend.

Per the EPP+ manual, SLA should be charged @ 1/10C maximum. For the 115AH battery, that's 11.5A, so the maximum charge rate of the EPP+ will not exceed the recommended charge rate. You should be able to charge any 2V - 24V lead-acid battery regardless of capacity. Larger cells will just take longer to charge.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Great, thanks for the help. Put my battery on the charger and it peak charged with no problems. Glad I don't have to go looking for a deep cycle charger now.