RC poster

Full speed ahead... on accident

I have a traxxas slash ultimate and a 5000mah and 5800mah 25C lipo batteries. I couldn't find this on the forums, but I am having some troubles with this equipment. When I plug in either of the batteries and turn on the traxxas, it powers up immediately at full throttle. My transmitter can't turn it or make the breaks work. I'm not sure if it's the batteries, the transmitter, the wires, or even something else that's causing this. A couple of days ago, even just this morning, it worked fine. If anyone could please help, that would be awesome.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Brakes...

Are you turning on the controller first as you should?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Yeah, I've tried it both ways. Controller on first and car on first and the same problem arises. It just speeds off. The controller can't make it brake or even turn Anymore.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Try resetting the controller and then recalibrating the ESC.
    If this does not work, check for broken or damaged antenna wires.

It wouldn't hurt to install some new, fresh controller batteries either...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    We hadn't thought about changing the batteries in the controller, but we just took it to a hobby place and they said that it was possible the reciever so we're going to be waiting on that for a bit since hes sending it back to traxxas. The antenna wires are all in good condition and the car and the controller werent callibrating which means it probably (hopefully) the reciever.