RC Qualifier

New Bright Summit

Wheel wells are to small but other than having to set it up higher than I wanted to keep the wheels from rubbing came out pretty good in my book. Could be better but have been looking for one of these for a long time and this one was never used due to a slight paint flaw. Shocks have the double orange springs all around with 40 wt oil and Variable Damping Kit for fast rebound w/lots of give for crawling, so the truck will go over obstacles rather than bounce over them LOL. Body is attached with velcro, and so far seems to hold it well....time will tell tho, truck is made to crawl and thats it, not a speed demon.
    So without further adieu here is the New Bright Jeep Wrangler Summit!

New Bright stickers will be removed when I figure out how to do it without messing up the windshield or paint.

Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier

Front velcro tabs on custom made body support

Rear velcro tabs on extended body support

RC Qualifier
    And lastly a stock summit chassis sitting next to my extended chassis for all wheel steering. Shows the difference is length.

Waiting on some parts for the extended chassis one and then will be able to finish it, body is going to be a problem tho.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Great job man!
    Looks really good...

I would have thought the extended chassis one would be longer than that... I wonder how it will handle differently.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Great job man!
    Looks really good...

I would have thought the extended chassis one would be longer than that... I wonder how it will handle differently.
    Thanks Jimmie! Tried to keep it as short as possible and not sure how it will handle being longer and narrower wheel base.
    If it handles funky only think that I can think off to start with is add some wheel extenders and different wheels/tires to make the wheel base wider. Other than that not sure and the shocks are 40 wt oil/double orange springs/variable damping kit to try and keep the front end soft so not much pressure is put on the joint to start with. Want to see how the joint holds up to start with. More than likely the joint ( where the two chassis are connected ) could be broke but not in a big hurry to find out lol.

RC Champion
    In truth its tough having an extended chassis, there are very few bodies that fit. You have to look into 1/5 bodies ( rampage, Baja, 5sc). And they run like $60 per body plus shipping. Or you could take the custom roll cage route, then size does not matter.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Racer
    Looks great mate. How do the Mickey Thompsons go?

RC Qualifier
    Ahhh so fresh! I never seen a Summit that looks THAT GOOD. Awesome job mate, makes me jealous
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Just picked this up why do 3 tyres face one way then your LR faces the other way? Guess it's just a mere mistake..
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Joel thanks for catching the one tire facing the wrong direction, and has now been corrected.

RC Competitor
    hey just wondering if you used the wide bumper kit and what winch did you use. Does it line up with the standard summit body or did you have to modify it.

RC Qualifier
    Used the wide bumper kit and it works without any modifications, might be a little on the wide side but the smaller bumper kit is way to small for the standard Summit body. No winch or should say no working winch, what you are seeing comes with the bumper kits.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Edstoys View Post
    And lastly a stock summit chassis sitting next to my extended chassis for all wheel steering. Shows the difference is length.

Waiting on some parts for the extended chassis one and then will be able to finish it, body is going to be a problem tho.
    Hey man, looking at your truck, it doesn't look much longer then what mine turned out and I ended up using a slash body.

Slash shells fit length but you have to cut the fenders off a bit so there is room for the wheels to turn.
    Let me know if you want any more photos on what I did.
    IfYouCan'tRunWithTheBigDogs,StayOnThePorch

Looking good mate...nice work.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    About sticker removal, it is easy with a heat gun... Couple of seconds per sticker.

About bodies. Since summits are usually not speed demons you have lots of choices using large scale toys...

I used a 1:5 scale h1 body when I created my NOAA truck and its still intact with tons of rollovers on rocks...

Summit stretched to fit 1:5 scale

Be warned though if your truck about speed stay away from toy bodies... They have no flex and crack...

High speed impact...

Hope this helps

The original CRASHER... Equal parts CRAwler and baSHER...
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Qualifier
    Truck is setup for crawling and basically that will be it with maybe some short fast runs in straight a ways. Will be posting pics of upgraded parts or should say have it configured so the interior is now in it. Only problem with that is going to have to watch temps real close for a bit as now there is hardly any room between the motor and the underneath of the interior. Have a few ideas on that matter as well.

Thanks for all the ideas and help posted and will take all into consideration as the two projects moves forward.
    Also thanks for all the compliments
    Last edited by Edstoys; 06-04-2013 at 02:22 AM.

RC poster
    How do you extend a summit chassis?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hga77 View Post
    How do you extend a summit chassis?
    Me? I cut it in half and used marine board in the battery compartments it stretch ....

See NOAA posts
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power