RC Qualifier

Cool I have a summit...

After a year (and saving a lot of $$$) I ordered a Blue Summit (The lipo version) last week and yesterday I received it... The best birthday gift

My first impression was: "Is very big...BUT it looks awesome "

After charging the 5000mah Lipos Batteries (And adjusting the steering servos) I started to run the beast...Well, not exactly to bash...First pack of batteries was for the break in the 775... THEN a mild bash because I really dont know how it was going to respond...But It was OK (the suspension was sitting way lower than i expected)... After some changes on the suspension (add 6mm of preload) I started to bash but started to rain and the 2 speed shift servo, blew up...Not exactly why, maybe a bad batch or bad adjustment from factory but it was really hot... 130f to be exactly, but atleast I had another one for remplace it, and now is working a lot better... An other thing I noticed is the cooling fins on the ESC can be removed easily, Maybe for the water cooling system (I have an idea)

Now the pics:

Sorry, because i didn't take more pics because I was concentrated to run it...

Now i have a new wishlist:
    1-8t pinion
    2-72 t spur gear
    3-Dewalt Motor
    4-Parts for make a winch
    5-Thinking...

The first thing i thought when i got my summit was.

and

Here, we have a lot of mud

Thanks for read...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    Seal the holes in your rims with hot glue or tape if you plan to play in the mud/water it will float. I just got one too and my shift servo blew too. Was really hot. I phoned traxxas and no questions asked they put one in the mail for me! But it was too late i had already built brackets and put a standard sized servo in as i hear its a recurring problem. Seems too much load for the little guy.

RC Champion
    for the shift servo
    if you guys constantly shift then it might be the ''hiden screw'' cuaseing a bind......

other then that servo batch must be bad
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Ya i read about that but checked my shift push rod for the tranny and wAs nice and smooth. But good point somthing to check out before you put your new one in.

RC Champion
    Really is no load on the servo. It shifts and pretty much shuts off. Unless not adjusted properly from the factory.

RC poster
    Make sure the servo stops buzzing after changing gear. Mine buzzed constantly when changing to high, and that will after a while eat up the servo.
    I noticed the servo movement was way more than was needed to push that pin, so I simply moved the push rod to the second hole(inner hole) on the servo arm to limit movement and give the servo more torque to push, and also made sure none of the wiring was in the way. It has worked perfectly since.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaxion911 View Post
    Seal the holes in your rims with hot glue or tape if you plan to play in the mud/water it will float. I just got one too and my shift servo blew too. Was really hot. I phoned traxxas and no questions asked they put one in the mail for me! But it was too late i had already built brackets and put a standard sized servo in as i hear its a recurring problem. Seems too much load for the little guy.
    Ok, thanks for the suggestion, I already sealed the holes...

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    for the shift servo
    if you guys constantly shift then it might be the ''hiden screw'' cuaseing a bind......

other then that servo batch must be bad
    I think is a bad batch...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaxion911 View Post
    Ya i read about that but checked my shift push rod for the tranny and wAs nice and smooth. But good point somthing to check out before you put your new one in.
    Same here...Smooth and the servo don't "buzz" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Really is no load on the servo. It shifts and pretty much shuts off. Unless not adjusted properly from the factory.
    Maybe a bad batch but I think it was badly adjusted from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Make sure the servo stops buzzing after changing gear. Mine buzzed constantly when changing to high, and that will after a while eat up the servo.
    I noticed the servo movement was way more than was needed to push that pin, so I simply moved the push rod to the second hole(inner hole) on the servo arm to limit movement and give the servo more torque to push, and also made sure none of the wiring was in the way. It has worked perfectly since.
    Thanks for the suggestion too...I adjusted all the servos and now they are very quiet...

BTW:
    Where i could get a body of a Dodge Raider, Mitsubishi Montero or Pajero from the 80s?
    Is for a project...
    Here is a pic:

Thanks for reading...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    BTW:
    Where i could get a body of a Dodge Raider, Mitsubishi Montero or Pajero from the 80s?
    Is for a project...
    Here is a pic:

Thanks for reading...
    Anyone? ^^^

Also...What is the best way to remove the "slop" on the gearbox?
    I know is normal, but is very annoying ...I checked the exploded views of the gearbox and I have some gears for make a test (2x 3985x, 3989x...etc)
    Thanks for reading
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL