Thread: Tuneing Help!

RC Enthusiast

Tuneing Help!

So I just finished rebuilding my transmission so I decided to try tuning it and shortly into the process I accidently ran into a curb and broke an a-arm so now im waiting for parts. so heres my question when I go full throttle from start it try to bog out so if I slowly pull throttle too full it work but then bogs when it shifts into second does anyone have any ideas of where im off on my tuning all I know is my idle is high but ill change that after and help will be really appreciated ive been trying to get the tune right for about a month now I would really like to get it close to work properly. p.s. I only bash so im not looking to run it on the lean side I would rather be richer.

Again thanks in advance,

Icyle800

It sounds like your idle speed is too high, and you need to lean your hsn a little. Good luck.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    wow thanks for the quick reply and ill test that when I get parts. this is exactly why I like this fourm good replies that are right to the point

wow thanks for the quick reply and ill test that when I get parts. this is exactly why I like this fourm good replies that are right to the point
    Glad I could help. Oh, a piece of advise from me, DO NOT mess with the 2 speed shifting point. It's right where it's needs to be from the factory, and if you touch it, it can make your tune seem way off. I learned that the hard way with my Slayer.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by icyle800 View Post
    I go full throttle from start it try to bog out so if I slowly pull throttle too full it work but then bogs when it shifts into second
    I would have to say the bog is a lean HSN. After you richen it up and get rid of the lean bog, you may need to richen the LSN and/or make the idle gap smaller to get the idle down if richening the HSN does not help the idle speed.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    I find that when it's too lean it just wont wind up, like it's staining. It kind of holds at a certain rpm. And when it's too rich it goes Booooooog.

RC Enthusiast
    ya its deff doing the bog thing so ill lean the hsn and change the idle screw and see if that helps illmlet u guys know when I get my new a arms in and can drive it
    thanks for the input everyone its a big help!!!

RC Qualifier
    Be careful though. If your not used to hearing the differences between rich and lean, they can sound fairly similar. Either way, it's just not going very well. It's always best to go back to factory settings and start again if your not sure of your tune. The only assumption you can make is, if it's fairly warm outside the factory settings will be a little bit rich.

RC Enthusiast
    So finally got parts in and got my revo fix and I ended up leaning the hsn out a turn and a half and lowering the idle and it all seems to work great now so thanks for the help!

icyle800