Thread: Gearing help?

RC Qualifier

Gearing help?

Hey was wondering what everyone is running for gearing on their stock titan 775? What is acceptable temps for the 775? With stock gearing i was running 160 at my esc and 175 at the motor after 15 min of bashing around my yard in high range. In low temps are acceptable but id like to be able to bash a set of 5000mah in high range just reaching 160 at the end of my packs. The esc temps were cured by a fan now running 85-90. I dropped to a 13t pinion and temps are a bit better, still a little hot but the truck feels really slow. Whats my options run it hot until she burns then get a dewalt 14.4? Or get the dewalt now and put this motor for sale at my lhs?

Whats my options run it hot until she burns then get a dewalt 14.4? Or get the dewalt now and put this motor for sale at my lhs?
    I use 14/68 with my Titan just fine. But, I'd get the Dewalt for sure, it solved all of my heat issues. Depending on what you could get for the motor, I'd sell it. Here a link that might help. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...14.4-questions...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde