RC poster

Could it be my diff?

Hi fellow drivers! When I give my ERBE throttle then let off it sounds like there's rocks clacking around inside. Is it my diff? I've only had this car a week. Should I take it back to the store?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a gear is messed up somewhere but does it make that noise when you push the truck forward?

RC Champion
    Headsman are you refering to the tank like sound of the e-revo or something different? That sound stems from the extremely strong magnets in the motor and is amplified through the transmission. It is completely normal.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Qualifier
    Most of the local hobby stores and Traxxas want you to do the wrenching no matter how new it is, but they will replace the broken parts. Just download the exploded views off of this site and start taking it apart. These things are easy to work on, there design is fairly simple.

RC poster
    pualfromtusla, mark ball and anr2442 thanks. After reading your post and doing some research here.(oh dear, I bought a lemon) My destroyed diff is more empirical evidence that they need to be re-engineered.

Thank you for the replys drivers.