RC poster

HONEST Corona 238MG review!

Hello all!
    I had servo trouble as expected, and didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on a servo, so I took a chance on the Corona 238 servo that everyone had heard about but very few actually used one. Here's a completely honest review.
    To be short and sweet, for the ~$9.00 price I paid for it, I simply cannot complain. But that wouldn't make a very honest review, would it?
    Good: Cheap, very easy to install 90% drop in, slightly faster just by the naked eye judging, and metal geared.
    Bad: Somewhat glitchy, not to the point of idiocracy, but it's there, and poor return-to-center

As stated above, it is good for the money, and very easy to install. I cut the little ears of the bottom with some side cutters, used the included screw with the factory steering arm, and BAM I was up and running again. At times, it will not return to center, and that is more of a headache than one would think. But, it sure beats a broken truck. I wish I had pictures of the install, but come on people, it's not that hard.

RC Champion
    Your problem with it not returning to center may be a servo saver problem or a bad servo. I've been using 2 of these for about 8 months and have not had any glitching or centering problems at all.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Racer
    are these drop in without more aftermarket parts?
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cjroy1998 View Post
    are these drop in without more aftermarket parts?
    He explained the installation process above...

and very easy to install. I cut the little ears of the bottom with some side cutters, used the included screw with the factory steering arm, and BAM I was up and running again.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    sorry, thanks
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Competitor
    Wish I could write a review, mine is expected to be here June 12...
    ordering things from overseas

RC Qualifier
    They are 100% drop in. You don't need to cut off those tabs. It still sits flat. I love mine vs the stock one.

RC Competitor
    Mine came in today! Will post results of my experience when I get some run time on it

RC Competitor
    holliston massachusetts ( 20 miles West of Boston)
    I finally got mine today the worst part of it was waiting 2+ weeks for it to come but at least it is a good servo in my opinion. it is stronger than stock.I would say slightly faster but the little glitches and sputtering is there.overall i would say that is is a great servo for the money