RC Racer

Anyone else got Problems with the Transmission?

Hi,

at the moment I think i got a problem with my transmission gear, my revo does not sound very well under "load". In my eyes the revo did not performe as well as usual.

Its not the sound like the diffs were worn. They are fine, shimmed and the origin of the sound, sounds more central. The pinion and spur gear are in good condition.

I bought the 7093 parts and hope they will solve the problem. Someone had a similar problem?
    Should i put diff oil into the transmission box? I got 40 and 80 wt at home.

Hopefully I will find some time to test and solve this problem at the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

RC Competitor
    Incorrect gear mesh can make noise. Trans doesnt need fluid.

Did you check if the center shafts run free?
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Thanks for your fast replies.

I cannot find a suitable translation for gear mesh. Do you mean the teeth of the Part 7093?

Petertje can you tell me what part the center shafts are, same problem like the gear mesh =/ :-D
    If you mean the Partnumber 7092? Im able to move this part a little bit to the front and back.
    Dont know if its unusual, never checked it before.

Edit: Okay i googled revo center shaft. I think you mean the shafts under the skidplates?! The Wheels in front and back turn very well. What did you mean with run free, that they didnt grip anymore, especially under load?!
    Last edited by Feivel; 05-14-2013 at 03:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    By gear mesh jamlx1 means how the gears "mesh" or fit into each other, the teeths of the gears turning into each other makes some noise, which is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Feivel View Post
    Thanks for your fast replies.

I cannot find a suitable translation for gear mesh. Do you mean the teeth of the Part 7093?

Petertje can you tell me what part the center shafts are, same problem like the gear mesh =/ :-D
    If you mean the Partnumber 7092? Im able to move this part a little bit to the front and back.
    Dont know if its unusual, never checked it before.
    There should not be too much play on that shaft. What I meant were the shafts which transfer the power from the gear box to the differentials. The center shafts on this page: http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/710...shaft-Assembly
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    gear mesh is the pinion and spur. the only two gears that can be seen without taking apart the transmission. and the transmission has plastic gears so im sure it doesnt need any lubricating. and its common to have front to back movement. from what your saying im guessing it is your pinion and spur mesh. so you can use the paper method which is common to use when adjusting but what i prefer is listening till it sounds right. here is a vid how to that i found useful since the paper method never worked for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4TIMyAHrD8

RC Racer
    Wesley the sound isnt just the normal one. Its louder. Maybe the plastic teeth are worn and wont grip that good?

If i put a little barrier in its way like a shoe for example the revo gets stuck instead of trying getting over it like some time before.

Okay peterje, now i get it thx

@multidookey: atm Im not at home, but i tested different pinion/spur distances, because the problem exist for the whole time. Its not my first time, changing the pinion and spur gear. Booth of them where also new, because i thought, that they were responsible for this matter. It seems, that its something else. But thx for your advice and video.

I think Ive to dismount the whole car and check the parts?! If I dont find a solution i will upload a video and hope you can help me

RC Qualifier
    You could also push your car back and forth with your spur gear off(or pinion gear off,), so that you can check if the sound indeed comes from the transmission and not the spur/pinion.

RC Racer

Thumbs up

my output gear was chewed up, causing a whining from the transmission. This plastic gear is driven by a metal one, so I'm guessing thats why it went out .... or maybe it was all the 3s wheelies. standing back flips might also be to blame
    MERV - 3S 23/50

RC Champion
    I had a bearing come apart in the transmission before. It was kind of like what you described. I'm not that good at adjusting gear mesh. That makes most of my noise. Maybe a worn spur?
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    @wesley I will test it, when Im home at the weekend. But I remember that i just hear it under load, means the car has to drive.

@idrive: Which one is the output gear? If you mean the Pinion Gear, its as I said, its a new one and its made of metal. But i use a metal Pinion Gears for 8 month as well. -> that made the car a little bit louder, but not as loud as now. Additional the Performance Problem is new to me. I think the power gets lost by two meshed parts, but dunno where.

@Jimdog The Spur gear is also new. They were worn so i changed them, thought that this was the problem, but it wasnt the problem (alone). I will check the bearings as well.

Thanks for your advices

RC Racer

Thumbs up

The output gear is the last gear in the tranny connected to the front and rear driveshafts. It is driven by a metal gear. Just get the tranny gear rebuild kit #7093 and you're good to go
    MERV - 3S 23/50

RC Qualifier
    I had the same problem. $5 new trans on eBay fixed the noises.

RC Racer
    The 7093 is already bought and at Home. I'm glad to hear that This could be the reason. ;-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Hey guys i changed the Transmission and the movement of the spurgear is gone. I also changed the six bearings.
    I renew the shafts between Center and rear gear.

I drove for 10 Minutes without these Problems, so I hope its gone.

I installed my New exotek shocks and wait for the summit wheels. Than i will write a small review of the New shocks.
    But what i See is that they work very impressiv.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2