RC poster

Steering but no Forward or reverse motion

Hi Guys,

My 2wd slash will steer but will not go forward or reverse. We were out using the RC's, when I came to a stop and tried to go again nothing happens.

The light on the ESC will blink when I move the throttle but nothing happens. Could the ESC have packed it in?

cheers
    John

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm . What kind of battery ?

Is it brushed or brushless?

If brushed I would suspect the brushes have locked up, give the motor a good cleaning and re-lube the bushings and if it still does not move hit the end bell where the brushes are with the handle of a screwdriver or like instrument to knock the brushes free.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    To diagnose this concern all you need to do is remove the motor from the trans case but leave it hooked up to the ESC. Plug in a known good battery and see if it turns. If it does then you know the problem is in the trans/diff. If it doesn't then try to turn the pinion by hand. If it doesn't turn then it is the motor. Also tap the motor fairly aggressive against a hard surface and look for black dust coming from the motor. This would indicate the brushes have disintegrated. If it is brushless the magnet could be broken inside the motor (but the pinion would not turn in that case or would be hard to turn).

If the motor turns easily by hand and a known good battery is being used the light on the esc is responding to throttle commands wire connections are good and no black dust is found in motor, I would suspect the esc to be faulty. Hope that helps

RC Qualifier
    Try calibrating the esc and transmitter first, easiest thing to do before you start messing with the motor haha

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    Try calibrating the esc and transmitter first, easiest thing to do before you start messing with the motor haha
    Thats all I had to do.
    SLASH 2X4 VXL
    VINTAGE BIG BEAR