RC poster

Lightbulb The homeless back alley rally build

Just picked up a used 1:10 rally. Going to be putting together a durable rally car in the coming weeks. Going to try to stay somewhat within the budget of 550 total but we'll see. Not looking for a beauty queen.. But definatly in search of the holy RC grail...
    (The R/C that doesn't break every time you take it out)

I have TONS of slash 4x4 parts in my inventory and a few after market bits that will be going on.
    When I do a build like this I try to buy as much used as possible but in this case some of the parts I'm needing just dont show up on the interwebs in used condition very often so this should be a challenge.

So to start. the rally set me back 280 shipped. Thats with the full compliment of telemetry sensors and some standard issue sway bars.

Next up... I'll keep you updated. Should have the rig sometime early next week.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    welcome and congrats with the purchase. cant wait to see the finish build take lots of pics and post it here for future reference.

RC poster
    1st Purchase so Far is the Axis RC Chassis Brace. Been watching these LCG chassis crack left and right @ the track since they've come out. So this is my attempt to avoid the extra work..lol

RC poster
    So heres the list so far.

Rally-
    Axis RC Chassis Brace-
    Proline Powerstroke shocks-
    Tekno M6 CVDs Front and Rear-
    Jconcept Choppers on Hazard wheels-
    Stampede Shock Guards-
    Dusty Motors LCG shroud-
    Proline Extended Body Posts-
    Proline Focus body x2-
    Traxxas 7600 2s lipos x3-

RC Champion
    looks like a good list.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HomelessHobbies View Post
    1st Purchase so Far is the Axis RC Chassis Brace. Been watching these LCG chassis crack left and right @ the track since they've come out. So this is my attempt to avoid the extra work..lol

what this brace do? where does it go? sorry for asking, new to hobby scene.
    traxxas 4 life

RC poster
    The brace will attach to the front and rear shock towers. and hopefully keep the chassis from flexing in a "u" type way when I ram it into something head on. lol

RC Racer
    any more pictures?
    My stickers totaly effect my aerodynamics

RC poster
    I dont actually have the Rally yet. It's on the truck.. Should have it monday.

RC Qualifier
    From the looks of your list your already over your budget and just getting started. Welcome to the club!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    From the looks of your list your already over your budget and just getting started. Welcome to the club!
    Shhhh.... We going to pretend that those are all .99 cent items..lol I own a hobby shop so about 60% of my list is highly discounted stuff. But yes it's definitely going to be over budget.

RC Champion
    Let us know how you like the brace, thanks.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Your going to be real pleased with the brace. I just installed one on my platinum slash and it does wonders to streghten the chassis. I tried flexing my chassis with it on and it was solid, and I'm running RPM shock towers....

RC Qualifier
    Do you think the roll cage might work better for strengthing the chassis and protecting electronics at the same time? For the price difference it almost seems like it might be a better deal to just buy the roll cage and skip the brace. Any thoughts?

RC poster
    I thought about the roll cage.. I'm in Florida and most of my running territory is sandy so a chassis shroud is MANDATORY! to keep the chassis somewhat clear. With the cage it just wouldn't be easy to access the chassis, Having to reach through the cage and then having to unzip the shroud to change a battery ever 25 minutes seems like a pain in the butt. I had a cage on my revo for awhile and it was great but the batteries were not having to be stuffed in under it.

Also, I'll be switching this between slash and rally bodies and the brace is highly universal.

RC poster
    Some Pics to Update you guys..

1st up.. A body I picked up used. Still in primo condition!

Axis Chassis Brace - Pro Line Extended Body Mounts - Jconcepts Choppers!

Love the deep lugs on the choppers!

RC Qualifier
    Just gotta hope the wheel offset doesn't interfere with rubbing the body. I don't think it will but just putting that out there. Btw that body looks sick!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Just gotta hope the wheel offset doesn't interfere with rubbing the body. I don't think it will but just putting that out there. Btw that body looks sick!
    Thanks! I got lucky with this one! I'm having another focus body painted up as I type! The wheels are for the slash 4x4 in particular. and the body was created for slash conversions so I assume they will mesh with ease.

RC poster
    Got it yesterday afternoon, took it for a quick run on 3s and then hit the bench with it. Here we are so far. Still have some tuning to do and some parts to add But I'm waiting for things to break before I add them. You'll notice the front power strokes are only single stage. I have found that setup to work better for me in the past so I'm testing it out on the rally..

Last edited by HomelessHobbies; 05-21-2013 at 12:01 PM.

RC poster

RC poster

RC poster
    and you thought the traxxas rally was a big car...

RC Champion
    Lets just say we thought it was big for a tenth scale
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.