Thread: Revo

RC Enthusiast

Revo

My rod ends keep coming off of my toe rods is there anything I can get to prevent this

RC Champion
    Yes, replace the ends.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    I did but is there an after market part that I can get to prevent this

RC Champion
    No. They should not be coming unscrewed.

The rod ends do not have threads in them, and screwing the rod into is actually forming the threads. This is not an uncommon fastener type. The rod ends should only be looked at as a one time deal. You screw it on once then leave it. It is not meant to be unscrewed and screwed back on. At that point, the internal threads are loosened. If the rod end pops off the rod, don't bother screwing it back on. Replace it.

RC Qualifier
    RPM makes long rod ends in black, blue and white. They stay on A lot better than the stock ones, probably because there made by RPM. Everything is stronger in RPM land.

RC Enthusiast
    How they come off is I sometimes do backflips and they came off that way that's how they came off

RC Champion
    I hear what your saying. But, there is no way to glue them on or anything. The harder you bash, the more that is gonna go wrong. I would just stock up on ends, or try the RPMs that were suggested.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you so much for your help!

RC Champion
    is this the rear rod ends for the push rods, the ones that connect to rocker arms?
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

Are you saying the rod ends are popping of the silver pivotball? If so the rod end is worn out.... Replace it and your good to go...

This often happens over time, taking jumps, landing heavy on 1 wheel here and there....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Enthusiast
    It is the front

RC Champion
    Nitronaught is asking a good question. Is it that the rod ends are popping off the tie rod shaft, or that the rod ends are popping off of the pivot balls?

RC Enthusiast
    Well, these things happen sometimes when you bash. But if its happening on a regular basis, try the rod ends - #5348. These are made by Traxxas for rear toe links, but you can use them all around, no issues. They are pretty heavy duty and I've seen many people using them on their Rock Crawlers with good results. Though nothing lasts forever, but these rod ends would definitely help in my opinion. They are much better than the stock ones.

And as OOmp says, "If the rod end pops off the rod, don't bother screwing it back on. Replace it. "