RC poster

1.0 mod 1 compatible with 32pitch?

Hey guys,, I can't find a straight yes or no answer on this question and its after hours for the hobby shops! Is 1.0 mm or mod 1 compatible with 32 pitch gears! From what I know so far is they are,, but I'm not positive! Can anyone give me a definite answer???

Definitive: NO they are not compatible.

mod 0.8 and 32 pitch ARE compatible since mod 0.8 = 31.75 pitch, and that's close enough.

mod 1.0 is 25.4 pitch...not even close to 32 pitch.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

I made the mistake once of trying to use a mod 1.0, and a mod .8 As Ksb said, they aren't compatible and the spur got chewed up.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    Thanks guys!! I'm looking at the revo mod 1 36t spur to use on my Rustler VXL will it bolt right on?? It looks like it will, but I'm not sure about the bearing hole being the same size!! Help!!

RC Champion
    Yes, but you have to use mod1 pinions. Most are made for a 5mm motor shaft. So, if your motor shaft is 3mm like the velineon, you'll need an adapter. Ofna makes them.

I'd recommend using 32p gears, unless you're going to be running a castle 2200 or larger motor. The slash 4x4 50t spur will mount right up too. Then, you can buy traxxas 32p pinions for a couple bucks, instead of mod1 pinions for 10-12 bucks each.

Also, the gear ratios with mod1 are going to be pretty tall on a rustler. I'd use mod1 only for speed runs with very large motors.

RC poster
    Thanks Jws! I'm running 50/18 now and was looking for bigger pinions but I could only find a 22t! I got 60.8mph out of 50/18 today, then decided to do a little curb jumping and stripped the spur before I got to put on the 22t pinion! Mesh was a little to loose. So tonight I put on an new 52t spur and put on the 22t to try tomorrow! I was just about to put it on the rack to change to 22/50, and bam,, stripped! Darn it!! Is the 50t the smallest they make in 32p?? 50 is all I can find without going mod 1!!

RC Champion
    Yes, 50t is the smallest.

What motor are you running?

You'll really like the 32p gearing. It sounds a little louder but I don't mind, ditch the gear cover because it won't fit, and get ready the durability. I've never stripped a 32p gear.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...r=NSG227;c=431

I am pretty sure they make bigger 32p gears, but on a quick search that was the biggest I found. Ask Baldy Daniels. He knows where to source BIG pinions...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Kershaw designs sells oversized pinions, but idk what sizes will fit the rustler tranny without slotting it further.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC poster

Cool

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it! I was hoping to find a 48 or 46t spur, but not so far!! The 76/31 gear ratio is 2.45,, and the 50/22 is 2.27! That should get me near or over 70 MPH! But if it doesn't I want to be able to bump it up some more! The 22tooth pinion is the biggest I can find in 3mm bore! Should I try the 5mm adapter so I can go with a bigger pinion???? I got to 60.8 MPH with 50/18 gears, so I'm not sure if 50/22 is going to get me to 70 MPH!! I really like the 32pitch gears!
    Last edited by Secretsquirrel; 05-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.

RC Champion
    When using the 50t spur, a larger 32p pinion may not fit without modifying the transmission case.

If you wanted to go higher than 22/50, I think I'd just go mod1 at that point. The traxxas 36t spur is much smaller than the 50t 32p spur. You could then run larger pinions without modding the tranny. I've used 20/36 (1.80) gearing on my rustler before. You would need some 5mm adapter sleeves for your motor. Ofna makes some.

If you want larger gearing, there is a point where 32P wont fit easily while mod1 still fits.
    I have used a Robinson Racing reducer sleeve at the time I did speed runs. That worked fine.
    Nobody is born with experience

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    If you want to go for really tall ratios, the 36t mod1 spur would be the place to start. I cant find a 32p gear that is smaller than the 50t. Def use the bore reducer. I got mine from hot racing for under 3$. Using the 5mm pinions lets you use really high quality pinions. The hot racing steel pinions are very high quality and only 6$. I have no experience with their alum ones, but after using their steel ones have no reason to switch to anything else.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???