RC poster

Steering Problems!!! Need Help ASAP!!!

Alright, let me start off by saying, Im new, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place! Here are my issues though... First off, I dont know the exact names of the parts, so Im doing my best here (Ireally have no clue when it comes to RC cars)!! But I bought this one yesterday, and it worked fine, I plugged up the Charger, charged the batteries, and I was good to go! This thing was quick, I ran 2 batteries, using a splitter I got with the car! Then it died, so I took it in to charger again! Heres where the first problem came in! My brother has a 1/10th scale Slash 4x4, we tried to go out and mess around together, but both of our cars would turn on, and only steering would work So I thought just a simple channel problem, but they wouldnt work again, no matter how far we got, so I messed with my connections (where the servos connect to, dont know the name) and I put them back where they were, and it worked again!!! Then problem 2 came in, I turn on my car, and it wouldn't do anything, No steering, or Throttle So I looked at the connections, and the light was blinking red and green really fast, I unplug the steering, and throttle works fine, I plugged the steering back in, and the car shuts off Any body know what the problem is here?! Theres no torn wires or anything?! Any help is appreciated, here are some pics of the connection where its messing up!!!

Here, no steering plugged in, and it works fine!!

Then, steering plugged in, and nothing again!!!

RC poster
    Sounds like a bad servo...very common change it out problem solved ?

RC poster
    Well the steering servo seems fine, it didnt feel loose or anything like that, but that's all it is you think?! Or is the servo the part where it plugs into??!

RC poster
    They are known to be problematic I have gone through two stock servos in four months..if you unplug the servo wire from the reciever and the car works fine except for steering then you know ...it is a internal issue with the servo probably won't be any visible damage...

RC poster
    Alright then, so all I need to do is replace the small servo box near the front tires, and Im good?!

RC poster
    If that what's happening yes.....there are threads on here that discuss and recommend servos for the merv if you want to change from the stock servo... taking out the servo is pretty straight forward not a hard replacement the traxxas web site has manual and parts list if you don't ..exploded pics might help good luck

RC poster
    Thanks a lot! Definitely will keep ya posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Bowie View Post
    If that what's happening yes.....there are threads on here that discuss and recommend servos for the merv if you want to change from the stock servo... taking out the servo is pretty straight forward not a hard replacement the traxxas web site has manual and parts list if you don't ..exploded pics might help good luck

RC poster
    Side note on installation when you get the servo plugged in and installed on car before hooking up servo arm to servo turn on reciever plug in battery turn on car...this lets the servo center itself make sure your wheels are straight and hook up your arm to th servo..this is how I do it might not be recommended but it works for me lets me use less steering trim...you want the tires straight as possible

RC poster
    Got it replaced today! Works great, also bought a lipo battery as well, can't keep this thing from flying up now LOL

RC poster
    Awesome glad you got it fixed...did you stay with the stock servo?