RC poster

What can I do to stop breaking axles in my summit

I locked my diffs with silly puddy and now it seems I can't race the truck for 10 mins without breaking an axle...the summit axles just seem like junk and I really like have the diffs locked...someone told me the revo axles are stronger but will the work on the summit without changing anything else

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Why start another thread on the same issue?

A little searching and I came up with these threads to read:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...hafts%29/page2
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...VXL-Driveshaft
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ft-replacemnts
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Why start another thread on the same issue?
    Ha! Glad I have a sense of humor

If it were me and I could not afford CVDs I might be tempted to remove the silly putty
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

RC poster
    Well I want the cvd's but MIP doesn't make them for the summit ,not yet anyway. For now I put the revo axles in there but I took narrow slices of heat shrink and put them around the cuff I guess u could call it that holds the 4 pin ball...I wish I knew why they made the summit axles so ****ty

RC Qualifier
    If you run on the street, you will break axles with locked diffs, Simple as that. Steel axles will just break something else.

RC Qualifier
    YES THE revo axles will work without modifying them buy them! 8 BUCKS vs the 12 the summit has. I bought my summit in 2010. Ive went through like 12 axles (not joking) i broke all those on NIMH! I switched to the revo axles for like 2 years and i haven't broken even one im using a 2s lipo! do it you wont regret it lots cheaper than the CVDS

RC Qualifier
    The Merv axles are definately better and cheaper. But thats not the problem, the locked diffs are going to keep shredding them.

Quote Originally Posted by vwbug View Post
    YES THE revo axles will work without modifying them buy them! 8 BUCKS vs the 12 the summit has. I bought my summit in 2010. Ive went through like 12 axles (not joking) i broke all those on NIMH! I switched to the revo axles for like 2 years and i haven't broken even one im using a 2s lipo! do it you wont regret it lots cheaper than the CVDS

RC poster
    You cant prevent them from breaking they will always break upgarde tp the trx steel axles for the revo and yhe knuckles screw them all the way in they wont pop out ive spent money on new axles just switched to those steels they'll work