RC poster

Question Newbie erevo owner

Hey what's up everyone. I'm new to the brushless rc cars and I just purchased a erevo brushless with the mamba monster set up with tqi receiver with telemetry. It's coming with two 3s lipos and chargers also. I want to get some input on things I might need or necessities that i should have before it comes in the mail hopefully in a few days. I did buy the traxxas adjustable wheelie bar and I got the aluminum wheels with bearings for it too. Figured that would be a good investment because from I see its gonna be hard to keep the wheels on the ground.

RC Competitor
    Traxxas sway bar kit is a good investment.

Congrats on the purchase. Just remember the forum is always here to help you in the case you are lost.

When/if you break an A-Arm, take a look at RPM. they are hard to beat and the price is good too.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC poster
    Thanks. I am sure ill have more to ask over the next couple days.

RC poster
    What will that help me with?

Thanks,

RC Qualifier
    welcome to the forum.IMO i would buy some 2s batteries and don't use the 3s's til you get better aquainted with the erevo.it's a total beast on 6s and lots of broken diffs and axles.when you break an axle and are ready to upgrade go with the summit axles. and i also second the rpm A arms when you break one.dont forget to break in your slipper clutch and then after it's broke in i set mine by tightening up the nut all the way then backing off a 1/4 turn.

It may be a good idea to get the castle link or the programmer card if you do not have experience with brushless power. That way you can slow it down some to help keep it more controllable and cost you less money (from breaking parts) while learning.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by carraig042 View Post
    It may be a good idea to get the castle link or the programmer card if you do not have experience with brushless power. That way you can slow it down some to help keep it more controllable and cost you less money (from breaking parts) while learning.

-Brett
    Shouldn't I be able to adjust the power by configuring the settings through the app that's downloaded for the tqi.

RC poster
    Is the revo really that insane that I should start out with lesser power?

RC poster
    What's a good site to order mod parts?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmaster View Post
    if it is your first rc, then definatly yes. of course you can tame down the esc a bit. here is something to read http://robotwars.00server.com/newcastlelink.html

it does help me to read up on the e-revo threads. i do write down the most common problems people do have. then go from there. im not a serious basher so i rarely have problems.
    Last edited by ajcar; 05-13-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmaster View Post
    YES its a great idea.i started off with the nimhs and then went to 6s for a while now i've sold off almost all my 3s batteries and bought 2s's.this i can tell you,you will break a lot of parts on 6s.i dont ever run anything except my spartan on 6s and thats only once in a while.

RC poster
    Agree with taming it down.i got mine 2 weeks ago with 3s lipos and took less then a set of lipo packs to rip both rear tires, a diff and then a pinion gear. Got my castle link last week and dropped the punch down on it, now very drivable but still hauls. I got my 2s charged last night but have not run them yet. Thing is a blast just wish I wouldn't have waited so long to convert from nitros haha

RC Qualifier
    Yep stock tires kinda suck. Ripped mine on 4S after 5 runs or so. Pinion and spur are still fine, diffs too. Even after multiple runs of 6S and a lot of 4S runs. Its not that bad, just tame it down a bit and don't hammer down the throttle.

RC Champion
    Throttle control is a must with this truck. Once you have tried a programmed down 6s setup, then a 4s feels too tame. That's my 2cents, but I am a bit of a speed junky. The only place I would try 4s again is on a track.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    Throttle control is a must with this truck. Once you have tried a programmed down 6s setup, then a 4s feels too tame. That's my 2cents, but I am a bit of a speed junky. The only place I would try 4s again is on a track.
    I agree, 4s feels to tame for my liking. I only run 6s in my eRevo...I love the grunt of 6s in this truck.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Does anyone have a good tire in mind? I don't wanna tear through my tires first round. I wanna buy offset wheels and tires so I can go a Lil bigger in the back.

RC Enthusiast
    badlands IMO are the best for the rebe. I just got a set of the trenchers x after my BL worn out and thay suck. too much traction, too wide, kills your batts faster, and the handling blows at high speed. oh and your clutch takes a beating too, very hard to find a happy medium with these tires. go with the badlands.

RC Qualifier
    i have both trencher "X" and badlands.i have had my X's almost 2 years now and they are great.have only gone threw 1 slipper clutch and that was my fault and the same batts run the same amount of time in both trucks 1 with X's and 1 with badlands.everyone has different feelings on everything.i love both tires X's and badlands so its up to you if you want the monster truck look and feel or you want the lighter badlands.

I run badlands, they are by far my favourite tyre for grass and dirt...I have GT2's as well that make a great big air tyre at skate parks for the way I bash my truck.

Both sets of tyres are taped and wheels balanced...post #91
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5295712
    Last edited by MITCH316; 05-16-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Alright I got it and ran it today. It was awesome but it seems like in the vids I watch it has more power than what I experienced. It is fast I gotta say but I think it should be faster. Is there something I don't know?

RC poster
    Even though I adjusted the trim for steering it wants to pull when I lay on it. I haven't crashed it or anything is it just because the torque?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hopduperevo View Post
    i have both trencher "X" and badlands.i have had my X's almost 2 years now and they are great.have only gone threw 1 slipper clutch and that was my fault and the same batts run the same amount of time in both trucks 1 with X's and 1 with badlands.everyone has different feelings on everything.i love both tires X's and badlands so its up to you if you want the monster truck look and feel or you want the lighter badlands.

I did a Lil research and I think I'm gonna go with the xo1 tires. How do you feel about those tires?

RC Enthusiast
    that's cool if that what you want to do but, the rebe is made to tear up the dirt, sand etc. I try to stay away from the parking lots stuff, but if I had to chose from dirt to concrete, I pick the dirt. that machine is a monster in it. the e-revo is by far IMO the best car out there.

RC poster
    I purchased my E-revo a lil over a month ago and I've only had it in my possession for about 4days total traxxas in Texas has had the rest of the time, it has caught on fire 3 times total counting yesterday, I'm done with sending it back, this last time I burned my hand they need to give me my money back or a totally different RC car, so Dutchmaster just b careful and b safe

RC poster
    I just blew out one of my stock tires!!!! **** I don't have any extra tires I need to order some quick. What should I get that will bolt on without a mod and if not what would I need to put the wheels n tires on? I was looking at the xo-1 tires n the phaltlnes. But it seems like I need to change my hub set up either way? Didn't think I would blow the tire till I got use to the car somewhat and started to treat it like I was boss then she f n told me....lol.

RC poster
    Thanks for the warning. I understand these things can happen and I'm thankful I haven't experienced that (yet) but I have a couple runs in and it's n been good except for the fact I blew out a rear tire when i was getting the hang of it.