Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

OK I know this has been asked a lot but maybe this is a little different?

I have replaced everything upfront to try and eliminate the wobble. My pro line mashers just continue to wobble. I am certain it is the tires them selves since everything is new upfront. WHat can I do to the tire its self after balancing to get rid of the wobble and if I can not get rid of it how much wobble is acceptable to deal with? I don't really use this truck on roads it is mostly dirt/grass driven. So what is acceptable?

RC Enthusiast
    A little wobble for what you do isn't going to be to noticeable, Have you drivin in water, or on a rainy day? There might be water in the tires trapped in the foams.

RC Racer
    Nope no water at all. They have wobbled since I got them. I bought them already mounted so that could be the issue

RC Enthusiast
    Might just need to be balanced, I wouldn't know of a way to do it, besides something like this, but how long will it stay on the wheel would be anyone's guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cifts41zi_k

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I much prefer to glue my tires to wheels then have them done for me already. Can you tell if any of the tires have flat spots? I always keep my trucks propped off the tires when not running them. If you were running all 4 fronts i'd suggest swapping them to the back as there is more weight back there and that would help.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Is the tire wobble that bad? Must be since its still an issue. LOL

Can you post up a small video of the tires spinning?????
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I wouldn't even know how to post a video

I have put the rear tires on the front and they wobble aswell, not nearly as bad as the real front tires but they do wobble. All 4 tires wobbled right out of the bag though

Those tires must be bad. Ouch!! One of 2 things: let us see them in action and/or get another set if it bothers you. :/ Worst you could do is bake them off, not sure it would help you out any though. Are all 4 tires bad?

You upload a video the same way you do a picture. The best way is through Youtube though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    maybe Ill try another set of tires. All 4 seem to wobble just the front tires wobble really bad. Front right as of now is by far the worst wobble. With the tires moved around the right tire seems to wobble horrible. Maybe something else is out of wack there because the left tire hardly wobbles now.
    the rears are not to bad just a slight wobble. If I get new tires maybe I will try to mount them on my own. Even the original wheels that came with my pede had a slight wobble now when I put them on the front. I just cant seem to imagine what else could be screwed up, up front. I changed the bearings,screws,pins, A arms,turnbuckles and camber links

By baking them off do you mean if I run my truck with the wobbling tires they will wear out fast? Sorry for the lack of knowledge
    Last edited by ironruger; 04-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironruger View Post
    By baking them off do you mean if I run my truck with the wobbling tires they will wear out fast? Sorry for the lack of knowledge
    Hahaha...Nope! I actually mean put them in the oven and baking the tire glue off.

How are your wheel hexes?

You never answered if the tires have a flat spot from sitting on the shelf. I keep my trucks propped off of them so they stay round.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Haha Ok I got ya bake them

I always have my truck raised off the tires propped up. It is really just the right side that wobbles crazy now. I'm throughly confused at this point

Sorry I don't have a video
    Last edited by ironruger; 04-28-2013 at 04:53 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It could just be the tire glued to the rim a little off.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Racer
    If that is the case is it going to damage anything running them with A wobble. I Guss that's my main concern

If that is the case is it going to damage anything running them with A wobble. I Guss that's my main concern
    I think you'll be ok. Just run in the gas/ dirt a bunch and maybe you went notice it. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I think you'll be ok. Just run in the gas/ dirt a bunch and maybe you went notice it. LOL

Haha thanks. I'd rather get it straight though

Did you balance them yet?

If you put the truck on a lift grab the tire and see if it moves side to side. If so its a bearing problem. If not its a tire problem.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    No movement side to side. I just put Boca bearings in. I'm going to double check the shafts then I'm going to call I quits and assume it's the tires

RC Champion
    I had a slight wobble on my front tire too. Turned out it was just the way it was sitting on the hex. All i did was put the truck on its side and turn the wheel as i tightened it on making sure that the wheel stayed horizontal. This worked for me. Although you will never completely get rid of tire wobble. I dont think it will hurt anything to have a little bit. Unless you post a vid there is no real way to see just how severe your wobble is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

From his other thread, "which I had to go back and get up to snuff". He has changed the bearings, and checked a few other important parts. All the things I thought it would be has been checked off.

Im not sure how old the truck is, but i'd inspect the wheel hexes, their condition, and if the wheels are mounted to them correctly. Hmmm...Wonder if the correct ones are in place. I like running aluminum hexes because they are better than plastic.

These are plastic RC parts and are made that way to. So them coming balanced in any sort of way will never happen. It doesnt take much for an out of round tire or wheel. That's why we try and balance them with clay to help them out. Just think they have to balance car tires to, because their is no way to make them perfect either. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    When the wheel/tire is on the front of the truck lift the front end with one hand and spin the wheel/tire with the other. When you do that, watch the wheel, is the wheel spinning "true" and the tire wobbling, or are they both wobbling?

I never tried to post a vid so I'm not judging, but if you could post a vid of it, it would help us help you for sure.

RC Racer
    I forgot to mention I did replace the hex nuts with strc aluminum nuts. it seems that they are sitting on the nuts properly however when I get home I will try to take a short video not really sure how to upload it to YouTube but I will see what I can do.

RC Qualifier
    Go back and read the first part of post #20 above. I will be happy to help you sort it out. No one hates wheel wobble more than me and after 25 years of it I got a few ideas rattling around upstairs, but as they say you gotta "help me, help you" lol.

RC Racer
    I will do that when I get home and let you know what I see

I will do that when I get home and let you know what I see
    Youtube,,,,,Youtube,,,,,Youtube. LOL

I'm hoping we can catch something with a vid that isnt coming with Guesses. LOL

BTW gotta love the Cuba Gooding, "Help Me, Help You" quote from Jerry McGuire.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Ok sorry for the lack of ability to put a video up but I just plan give up. I switched the old tires/rims back on the truck and they wobble aswell on the front. I can not really tell if the tires are wobbling or if it is the wheels it all just seems to wobble. I put the new mashers on and they wobble aswell. EVERYTHING listed is new: A arms, caster blocks, steering blocks, bearings, turnbuckles, camber links Titanium pins all the way around, shims in the wheels and the axels are new upfront. I cant figure it out therefore the truck has won this battle. Onto the next I guess. At this point I am thoroughly confused as to what the problem can be. It just is not a slight wobble, you can feel the truck bob up and down as the tires spin and when it drives slowly you can see it wobble the front end as well as when it decreases from high speeds.

Can you upload some pics of the front end with the tires on & off and anything else up front in that area??

Did you say you upgraded the wheel hexes? These are what slides over the axle onto the axle pin. To me its something like that isnt jiving.......
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Yes I replaced the plastic ones with STRC aluminum ones. Are they supposed to click in place like the plastic ones? If so these did not

Put the stock ones back on and see if the wobble stops.....Lets start fresh from there.

Oh and are they the Lock Pin Style like below? They slide on the pin and then you tighten down the grub screw on the side.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Front wheel wobble can only be from one of a handful of things. The bearings, the stub axle, the cross pin, the hex adapter, the wheel, the tire itself. Most of the time if everything is as it should be, it's just warped wheels. In that case you get more wheels unfortunately but if wheel wobble is going to bother you, balancing helps tremendously with vibration and like you said about your front end shaking, but sometimes it's an underlying problem with one of those forementioned parts. I've had stub axles with the holes drilled crooked from the factory, stuff like that.

Offroad you really shouldn't be noticing much if everything's working ok, onroad it's much easier to tell when things aren't right. Wheel wobble can be annoying to troubleshoot and to an extent you can't always completely get them "laser true" but you can get em close enough that balancing them will finish it off.

It doesn't take much at all to create wobble. You'd be surprised how many wheels are warped though. One thing like I was asking you before, is the wheel turning true and the tire wobbling, or both? You should be able to spin the front by hand and easily tell that much, which would help us out.

RC Racer
    Those are the hex nuts I have just mine are red. I'm out right now so when I get home this will be first on my to do list.

As far as noticing any wobble off road I can't tell at all it is just when I'm on pavement

RC Racer
    Ok so I tightened all the screws in the front end a couple were extremely loose. The front right wheel now only has a very very slight wobble. While the left still has a good significant wobble. Maybe the axel got bent or something but I am starting to think the truck has not won this battle after all. I went out for a couple beers and dinner now feel energized to tackle this issue

RC Racer
    Ok here are a few pics

right side

left side which seems to have the wobble bad now.

front view

right side again, after seeing this picture the hex nut seems to be seated deeper then the left side

Look at the driver side, you don't have the wheel seated on the hex correctly. The flat spots on the wheel need to be lined up on both. UN bolt the wheel and realign them. After that your wobble should be nearly gone if not totally.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    that is what I was thinking after I saw this picture. The left/driver side does not sit the same, however I have taken the wheel off and put it on numerous times and it always seems to sit the same way

Did you strip the mounting point inside the wheel for the hex to mount to? This can happen, typically in the rear where the power is. The front would have to be user error by shoving it on wrong, or mounting a stripped wheel from the back.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    not really sure? How could I tell if I did? I guess I would assume the mounting point in the wheel would be rounded out?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah maybe its just the picture, but number 2 looks funky like the hex isn't seated right? The wheels hex area isn't stripped is it?

RC Qualifier
    Can you get a picture of the mounting area of the wheel in picture 2?

RC Racer
    here is the wheel from picture 2

I replaced the bearings in there just to make sure again and the hex nut just will not seat all the way down

RC Qualifier
    I know one thing, if that's a 12mm hex and a 12mm wheel you're a bad dude with some super strength because if that picture shows what I think it does, all I can say is WOW

Edit: I was talking about picture #2 of your first pics you posted.

As far as the picture you just posted that looks fine on my screen. That's a 12mm hex wheel, right?

If that is a 12mm hex wheel and a 12mm hex adapter, the pic #2 above in the first pics you posted looks like you somehow jammed the points of the hex into the flats of the wheel hex area. That's not an easy task, infact I'm not too sure you shouldn't be proud?
    Last edited by mepster; 04-29-2013 at 09:13 PM.